Your reach:height ratio

freestyleJJ 101

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hey everyone, i know a majority of you have measured your reach, if not, you measure from middle finger to middle finger... i was just curious to see how your guys reach looked compared to your height...for me

im 5'10/73" reach

what are u guys????

weight: 145-150
Height: 5' 11.5"
Reach: 187cm (73.5 inches)

Height: 180cm
Reach: 188 cm

I have pretty long legs compared to my height too. Will be great when i can practise Muay Thai or Kyukishin :)

holy shit guys, some of u guys ave insane reaches for your height, like 5'10 77 inch reach ... thats huge... what would you guys consider to be a good reach advantage... like when does it start to matter... 2 inches??? or does it really start to count at 3-4???

Yeah, I don't get these reaches either. I'm 6'2", have longer arms than most people I know, and my reach is 75" (191 cm).

Yeah, but reach is misleading because you can have broad shoulders and short arms and have the same "reach" as someone with a skinny frame and longer arms. I fall in the broad shoulders/short arms category (5"9'/69')

Evil Eye Gouger said:
Yeah, I don't get these reaches either. I'm 6'2", have longer arms than most people I know, and my reach is 75" (191 cm).

Yeah, I think some people are just flat out exaggerating.

I'm 76 inches tall (6'4'') and have a 78 inch reach, btw.

Back