Your favorite Quentin Tarantino movie

Your favorite QT movie!

• Total voters
t1TKQUP.gif

I know a while back he said that a third film was on the way, but more recently he said it was unlikely.

I wonder what the problem is.

I know a while back he said that a third film was on the way, but more recently he said it was unlikely.

I wonder what the problem is.

He always talks about sequels to his films, as a longtime fan I've learned to ignore him. It will never happen.

Deathproof is the wrong choice.

I kinda had a feeling someone would say that.

I disagree though. If someone had that as their favorite, I'd get it. That film ages like a fine wine. Lotta underrated magic in there.

Django, Basterds, and Pulp Fiction would be top 3, though I'm not sure what order, followed closely by Jackie Brown. I liked The Hateful Eight more than most people seemed to at the time as well.

Have been saving the Kill Bills for a rainy day, and have tried and failed to get through Reservoir Dogs on three occasions.

I kinda had a feeling someone would say that.

I disagree though. If someone had that as their favorite, I'd get it. That film ages like a fine wine. Lotta underrated magic in there.
It is a good movie, but for me at least, it is a step below the rest.

Jackie Brown is the fine wine hidden gem for me.

Inglorious Basterds
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Reservoir Dogs
Jackie Brown
KIll Bill Vol1
Kill Bill Vol2
H8ful Eight
Death Proof

It goes beyond just the story and dialogue for me. The whole aesthetic of the film is also off-putting to me. At least with Deathproof there was some cool visual stuff I could get into.

But really, I am not especially enthusiastic about either film. If you draw a line under Hateful Eight on my list, then everything under that line I don't particularly care about.

I can understand that part as RD had a really low budget, and most of the film was set in a warehouse that used to be a mortuary (while most of the characters are pretty much dressed in funeral attire), but I really like the aesthetic and visuals of the film. I like the creepy vibe of the warehouse, and all of the flashbacks have pretty damn good visuals and a great aesthetic. Everything fits in so damn well and has such a great, gritty vibe, but I guess if you're not into gritty, cool, and awesome then it's not for you. It has a badass '80s feel to it.

fvLKr.jpg

Reservoir%2BDogs%2B37.png

Silver Surfer poster on wall
mrwhite.jpg

reservoir-dogs-acting.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Reservoirdog.jpg

Reservoir. The best replay value for me.

Jackie Brown is a second.

Reservoir dogs. It's also one of my favorite movies ever. Excellent cast, great plot, great dialogue, and probably the coolest mexican standoff I've ever seen in a film.

Inglourious Basterds. Albeit it's a bit silly overall (the clashing of tones and registers is a bit jarring imo) it has great individual scenes and some great writing here and there. I have never really liked a Tarantino movie from start to finish anyway, I mean Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are very good movies but I don't find them masterpieces.

I voted hateful 8

Only one I haven't seen was Jackie brown. Not a huge Tarantino fan though, felt like pulp fiction in particular is tremendously overrated.

Hateful 8 had me engrossed in the film and what was going to happen next from start to finish. Also had just right touch of humor

I liked The Hateful Eight a lot, and it also has the distinction of being the first film where I read the screenplay before watching the movie. I'd agree that it's better than Django.

If we're ranking his whole filmography, I'd go:

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Jackie Brown
Inglourious Basterds
The Hateful Eight
Death Proof / Django Unchained (tie)
Reservoir Dogs

I know a lot of people like RD but I have watched it a few times and it is the ONE QT film about which I find almost nothing to like. I don't find it entertaining. I don't enjoy it. I doubt I will ever watch it again.

Good to know your opinion is utter trash lol

No hard feelings tho

Death Proof is the worst

Not sure what movie is the best

Could probably have a few tied for the best

Quentin plays with his influences, has fun with them like a kid playing with toys (most evident in the Kill Bill movies).

But with Django Unchained he totally subverted his influences, 'The Searchers' & 'The Man who Shot Liberty valance', while also showing real restraint in how Django came to the resolution of his arc. The way he handled the story showed maturity. Not reducing Django to some Blaxsploitation/Spaghetti killer. As Will Smith and many others wanted and expected.

To me, the sign that he really gave a damn and wasn't just pandeing to the crowd.

(Ugh, this post is way to serious)

This scene is an absolute cllassic. DiCaprio was on top of his game. So well written, directed, acted. So much is going on under the table.

Honestly I can't really see that, Django is played very much as a classic spaghetti killer for me, not to say Fox doesn't give him a unique personality but he's a badass on a morally just mission of love/revenge that never has to question it.

That's not really being overly critical of the film as a whole, I do think its really well made with Waltz and Leo giving excellent performances in it but I don't think it fundamentally advances beyond its influences.

I was really hoping that when Sam Jacksons character threw away his cane at the end he'd come up with something to challenge the hero morally the way Bill did but he just doubled down on being a villain before getting blown to bits.

Hateful Eight was I think a lot more interesting with Jackson and Goggins characters especially actually having something to say about racial issues beyond simple good/bad.

I like all his stuff but Django is probably my current favorite. I find it very easy to watch many times.

Back