Your favorite Quentin Tarantino movie

Your favorite QT movie!

• Total voters
G

Guestx

Well? Which one is it, and why?

Quentin Tarantino exploded on the scene in the 90s and has risen to prominence as one of the top American directors. Many love his work; some hate it. But love him or hate him, there aren't many culturally-informed people today who don't at least know his name.

In this thread, we discuss the man, the myth, the legend.

c2eda66a5ca732a1dedb0e3a5dcd8d0ec8ffc2e4ba238e3b5fd98474dd5c6b69.jpg

Jackie Brown. Think that turned me onto brown women tbh.

Jackie Brown. Think that turned me onto brown women tbh.

Jackie Brown is probably his most underrated movie, in my opinion.

I think when it first came out a lot of people were disappointed because it had the tough-as-fuck job of being his follow-up to Pulp Fiction. I was a bit disappointed myself.

But I kept revisiting it and the more I watched it, the more it grew on me.

I think when it first came out a lot of people were disappointed because it had the tough-as-fuck job of being his follow-up to Pulp Fiction. I was a bit disappointed myself.

I think it was far better than Pulp. But then again I think that's a massively overrated film!

I have not seen death proof, I liked them all a ton except kill bill.

It’s utterly cool with an awesome plot and cast and it’s also probably the least Tarantino-ish of his movies, probably cause it was not an original screenplay. Don’t get me wrong his stamp was on there but it’s also different in ways from his other original works.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite but there are so many good ones. I really loved his three most recent films to be honest though I know not everybody is on board with that.

Would probably rank them

Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Django Unchained
Reservoir Dogs
The Hateful Eight
Kill Bill Volume 1
Kill Bill volume 2
Death Proof

I really enjoyed the first half of Death Proof and though Zoe’s stunt was awesome but otherwise, I feel it’s his weakest effort. First set of girls were more likable/more interesting than the ones who trounced Russell.

Also I thought Planet Terror and the fake trailers were the better aspect of Grindhoise than Tarantino’s portion. That said, Grindhouse overall was fucking awesome. One of the best theatergoing experiences I’ve had in the past decade.

Reservoir Dogs is my top pick but I haven't seen H8 yet.

My favorite has to be reservoir dogs. Perfectly gritty, great banter like he has in every movie and great cast.

Second would probably be kill bill, in love samurai movies and this modern time one was great. The second part was what made the film I always love to see the training Ang struggle of the main characters.

Saw the hateful 8 yesterday and was actually quite surprised how much I liked it. Very suspenseful and kept me wondering what was gonna happen next.

Inglorious Bastards
The opening scene alone was just so good. So tense.
I loved Waltz's character throughout the movie..especially the contrast of his super intelligent detective/agent character against Pitt's redneck hero.
I watch it whenever it comes on tv.

Au revoir, Shoshanna!

Although honestly I felt Hateful Eight didn't get quite as much praise as it deserved, I mean the flashback scene is a bit pointless but besides that I found it excellent with more punch to it than Django that ended up a pretty basic revenge story.

I would say personally

1.Pulp Fiction
2.Ingloruious Basterds
3.Kill Bill Pt 1
4.Hateful Eight
5.Reservour Dogs

Haven't seen Jackie Brown since the 90's though.

Pulp Fiction with Django Unchained being a close second. King's explanation for why he legally killed a man in the saloon was awesome.

Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained are his two best, by far. Between those I think Pulp Fiction takes it, but I love both.

I really like his 90s stuff the most in general... RD, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown were all at the top of my list.

After that, I only really cared for Django and Inglorious Bastards

Although honestly I felt Hateful Eight didn't get quite as much praise as it deserved, I mean the flashback scene is a bit pointless but besides that I found it excellent with more punch to it than Django that ended up a pretty basic revenge story.

I would say personally

1.Pulp Fiction
2.Ingloruious Basterds
3.Kill Bill Pt 1
4.Hateful Eight
5.Reservour Dogs

Haven't seen Jackie Brown since the 90's though.

I liked The Hateful Eight a lot, and it also has the distinction of being the first film where I read the screenplay before watching the movie. I'd agree that it's better than Django.

If we're ranking his whole filmography, I'd go:

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Jackie Brown
Inglourious Basterds
The Hateful Eight
Death Proof / Django Unchained (tie)
Reservoir Dogs

I know a lot of people like RD but I have watched it a few times and it is the ONE QT film about which I find almost nothing to like. I don't find it entertaining. I don't enjoy it. I doubt I will ever watch it again.

damn, i always thought this guy was a hack, i really dont like his movies, but if i had to pick one between all the retarded shit he puts out i pick Jackie Brown

damn, i always thought this guy was a hack, i really dont like his movies, but if i had to pick one between all the retarded shit he puts out i pick Jackie Brown

I think that, even if you don't like his movies, the last thing you can call him is a hack.

Even though much his work pays homage to films that came before his, he definitely has a unique, original voice.

I think it was far better than Pulp. But then again I think that's a massively overrated film!
Agreed. John Travolta ruins it for me. Something about his performance i just couldnt buy

Love all of them, but gotta go with the Bear Jew.

Back