You Miss Special entrances and the old intro in UFC ?

Every UFC Champion should get the Conor McGregor ring smoke imo

Yes. It was a big part of the show and it got casual fans more involved in the card.

Shertard- The Pride was too much like WWE. We need to be less like whatever the WWE is.

Also Shertards- I love all the trash talk from people like Sonnen, Conrad, Diaz etc... Those guys took the sport main stream and have huge names.

It’s funny cause it’s true, but a simple thing would be to add some flash to the PPV cards. We don’t need window dressing every card, but PPV cards should be flashier and feel special.

No,I dont care.

The black and white ones where the guys are talking were cool,but I HATE the grating opera singing,the stupid roman centurion shit,and the shitty nu metal song. What their doin now is more professional,but not as memorable,so they need to find a sort of inbetween from the old (but make it less shitty) and the new.

Bring back coloured octagon floors from UFC 200.
I want the octagon to be in the colours of the country or state the event is held in. Would make each event look unique.

Not everyone deserves "special" entrances. A special entrance would be wasted on them lol

Imagine spending alot of money to give Dan Henderson a glitzy glamorous entrance lmao

oh shit Amanda Nunes is coming,lets get the fireworks and pyro ready baby YEH

Shertard- The Pride was too much like WWE. We need to be less like whatever the WWE is.

Also Shertards- I love all the trash talk from people like Sonnen, Conrad, Diaz etc... Those guys took the sport main stream and have huge names.
They also cite things that Boxing has been doing years before UFC was,but call it WWE,without realizing that all of them are promoted in the same fashion.

Yes, they put a lot more effort into it then and everyone looked different. now its copy and paste for every event

To continue to take the more bland approach is never a good idea. The UFC needs to give up the whole "we trying to be a legit sport" and have some flavor like in the old days. I understand though, it's all about greed, money, and power.
"We're legit! See? Look, it's fuckin CM Punk."

No, they are very mediocre. Pride intro on the other hand makes every event feel like an important spectacle.

"Men, we are all men, let's bring it on!!!"

That's what the guy in the beginning roughly said before the intro kicks in.

I’ve watched this event, and this YouTube clip even, and still blows my entire tits off

UFC used to be good. So bland and boring now, and the events take an eternity. Rarely watch at all these days.

Couldn't care less about walk outs put them in the cage and
Cm6yNK.gif
Fucking same here!!! Either “let’s get it on” or “let’s watch WWE”

I do think the early UFC entrances like Tito's show you its not just about throwing money at it but rather doing it in a classy way, something like Fedor/Crocop felt epic were as Tito's felt like massive cringe fests(I spose reflective of the people in question). Pride did have a lot of talent involved to do that, not just internally but with Fuji TV deeply involved with the presentation as well.

Boxing itself is of course not above manufactured feuds but I think really the UFC's product is basically selling pro wrestling to people who don't like its fixed nature or its cheesier presentation. So the UFC is real fights and its presentation is simpler and more raw BUT it still pushes manufactured feuds very strongly, pushes the careers of certain fighters very strongly and generally is run like the WWE were the promoter and sanctioning body are the same AND most of the way people consume the product is kept in house. When you hear analysis of UFC events much of the time its done by direct UFC employees pushing the companies narrative and even the MMA media is kept on a very tight leash.

Heck I think you even have the same focus on attachment to the owner, Vince and Dana become part of the product and the fanbase become as much fans of Dana and his business success as they do fans of MMA.

Definitely.
Dare I say they had a sense of pride.

I still wonder to this day if they started doing the boxing style walkout was less due to some phony sense of seriousness and more to do with driveway snow.

I guess the biggest thing as big and bombastic as prides presentation was, it still seemed more focused on the fighters than the Brand.

Definitely.
Dare I say they had a sense of pride.

I still wonder to this day if they started doing the boxing style walkout was less due to some phony sense of seriousness and more to do with driveway snow.

I guess the biggest thing as big and bombastic as prides presentation was, it still seemed more focused on the fighters than the Brand.

My guess is a bit of both, it was much cheaper and projected the "legit" image the UFC pushed so hard.

Again I think what Dana saw is that there was a big market for "legit" pro wrestling, people who could be sold product to like pro wrestling fans but wanted to imagine they were above such things. I think it stands out how negative a view of pro wrestling UFC fans in the 00's especially had, think that was because it was what the UFC defined itself against whilst actually using many of the same methods.

My guess is a bit of both, it was much cheaper and projected the "legit" image the UFC pushed so hard.

Again I think what Dana saw is that there was a big market for "legit" pro wrestling, people who could be sold product to like pro wrestling fans but wanted to imagine they were above such things. I think it stands out how negative a view of pro wrestling UFC fans in the 00's especially had, think that was because it was what the UFC defined itself against whilst actually using many of the same methods.

I was mostly being a smartass, I think that switch was simply to make it seem more like a "legit" sport akin to boxing and distance itself from the sports entertainment sector, so to speak.

Back