You Miss Special entrances and the old intro in UFC ?

Shertards- The UFC is too much like WWE these days. We need to be less like whatever the WWE is.

Also Shertards- Nothing will ever be better than PRIDE, which was just pro wrestling with (some) real fights. Being back special entrances, pyro and custom music.

Pride was unique to its own.

Pro wrestling has never had the amount of elegance in its splendor that pride did.
There was a huge amount of respect in Pride.

And how many grudges were there in Pride?
Wandy Rampage? What else? When they did happen, it was organic.

UFC now is trying to rip of major teams sports and boxing in its visual presentation, while simultaneously

Every fight has to have a storyline that's very, very forced. Very little build up seems natural, the rankings mean dick and there is a ton of favorable/unfavorable match making.

UFC by comparison is very corporate, sterile, downright flaccid at times.

I don't think anybody wants more shit like the Mask Iceman intro

Modern day MMA fan base are just WWE crossover fans, I wanna see the fights not entrances.

Shertards- The UFC is too much like WWE these days. We need to be less like whatever the WWE is.

Also Shertards- Nothing will ever be better than PRIDE, which was just pro wrestling with (some) real fights. Being back special entrances, pyro and custom music.
Also shertardiest of them all - "im gonna present the two opposing points of view without offering my own take on the situation"

No, they are very mediocre. Pride intro on the other hand makes every event feel like an important spectacle.

"Men, we are all men, let's bring it on!!!"

That's what the guy in the beginning roughly said before the intro.

The Promos before the Fights are epic!!
It's very bland / cookie cutter nowadays, doesn't feel special. No unique entrances, no unique fight shorts, no real info on anyone in their bloated roster beyond "winner of 3 of his last 5, he's looking to get back to his winning ways in the featherweight division".

images

I miss the info!!

Oh hell yeah
Tito Back then are Soo Badass!!

images

Couldn't care less about walk outs put them in the cage and
Cm6yNK.gif
A fight needs a Story I loved K1 classic because they made you care about the fighters.

No, they are very mediocre. Pride intro on the other hand makes every event feel like an important spectacle.

"Men, we are all men, let's bring it on!!!"

That's what the guy in the beginning roughly said before the intro kicks in.

This.
UFC can't compare to the greatest MMA organization ever. PRIDE NEVER DIE!
Sudo himself had greater entrances than every UFC fighter in every event combined.

The Promos before the Fights are epic!!

images

I miss the info!!

Tito Back then are Soo Badass!!

images

A fight needs a Story I loved K1 classic because they made you care about the fighters.

what exactly does a story have to to with a walkout?

Shertard- The Pride was too much like WWE. We need to be less like whatever the WWE is.

Also Shertards- I love all the trash talk from people like Sonnen, Conrad, Diaz etc... Those guys took the sport main stream and have huge names.

Every top 5 fighter should have a personalized entrance

Would b sick

Everyone does, the modern UFC is largely souless apart from where they actually allow personal preference

Shertard- The Pride was too much like WWE. We need to be less like whatever the WWE is.

Also Shertards- I love all the trash talk from people like Sonnen, Conrad, Diaz etc... Those guys took the sport main stream and have huge names.
WWF>>>>>>WWE

ad2b3d8e1b415980a520062924cf0e8b.gif

Ever fighter should have their own personal 6 piece walk-out band

“And nowwwwww, Jonhnny Walker and the Fabulous WalkerBand! !

Also Shertards: It's not Dana's job to get the fighters more pay, they should promote themselves .... and ...
Shertards: (self-promoting fighter) isn't a real fighter. He's just an entertainer. He should never have gotten a title shot. I love seeing (self-promoting fighter) get a beat down!

This is where WWE needs to step in, custom entrances, video packages etc, the production wwe does is great, they need to take everything from wwe that works and use it

Nothing beats this shit

The honoring of the fighters and bringing them to the stage before the fights

<DCrying>

You have great taste little brother.

This.
UFC can't compare to the greatest MMA organization ever. PRIDE NEVER DIE!
Sudo himself had greater entrances than every UFC fighter in every event combined.
I've been binging Pride fights the last 2 weeks, especially the ones where my fav Shogun and Wand wins haha.

Pride was unique to its own.

Pro wrestling has never had the amount of elegance in its splendor that pride did.
There was a huge amount of respect in Pride.

And how many grudges were there in Pride?
Wandy Rampage? What else? When they did happen, it was organic.

UFC now is trying to rip of major teams sports and boxing in its visual presentation, while simultaneously

Every fight has to have a storyline that's very, very forced. Very little build up seems natural, the rankings mean dick and there is a ton of favorable/unfavorable match making.

UFC by comparison is very corporate, sterile, downright flaccid at times.

I do think the early UFC entrances like Tito's show you its not just about throwing money at it but rather doing it in a classy way, something like Fedor/Crocop felt epic were as Tito's felt like massive cringe fests(I spose reflective of the people in question). Pride did have a lot of talent involved to do that, not just internally but with Fuji TV deeply involved with the presentation as well.

Boxing itself is of course not above manufactured feuds but I think really the UFC's product is basically selling pro wrestling to people who don't like its fixed nature or its cheesier presentation. So the UFC is real fights and its presentation is simpler and more raw BUT it still pushes manufactured feuds very strongly, pushes the careers of certain fighters very strongly and generally is run like the WWE were the promoter and sanctioning body are the same AND most of the way people consume the product is kept in house. When you hear analysis of UFC events much of the time its done by direct UFC employees pushing the companies narrative and even the MMA media is kept on a very tight leash.

Heck I think you even have the same focus on attachment to the owner, Vince and Dana become part of the product and the fanbase become as much fans of Dana and his business success as they do fans of MMA.

Back