Yoel Romero round4 highlights is Yoel blocking Whittaker's punches and rocking him

What’s that? Whittaker is 2-0 against Romero? Romero couldn’t make weight for the second time in the row? Romero tried to game the system by missing weight on purpose to get extra time to lose weight and cried like a baby when it backfired?

Romero is a joke. Find a new fighter to be a fan of.
but why did romero do that? get extra time to lose weight?

It is my belief that the challenger "has" to take the belt away from a champion. A close fight should always be awarded to the champion my brothers.
In modern days that old belief is no longer.

but why did romero do that? get extra time to lose weight?

The rule is that fighters can have a second chance to make weight in two hours. Romero and his team planned to miss weight on purpose to get the extra two hours. He’s a shady sleazeball who always pulls shit like this. I’ll never be a fan.

He then cried and tried to blame the commission. They have all the authority to stop a weight cut.

The rule is that fighters can have a second chance to make weight in two hours. Romero and his team planned to miss weight on purpose to get the extra two hours. He’s a shady sleazeball who always pulls shit like this. I’ll never be a fan.

He then cried and tried to blame the commission. They have all the authority to stop a weight cut.
but whats the advantage to getting to extra hours. is it better for recovery or something?

but whats the advantage to getting to extra hours. is it better for recovery or something?

Their reasoning is that since he’ll have 2 more hours, he doesn’t have to try as hard to lose weight in less time, so he’ll be less drained.

Their reasoning is that since he’ll have 2 more hours, he doesn’t have to try as hard to lose weight in less time, so he’ll be less drained.
thats interesting. thanks for explaining it to me. I wonder why he didnt just diet down and then cut so it wouldnt be so hard for him.

let's all agree that romero won round 1,2,3,4and5
hope that makes you guys happy - moral victory eh? that's the victory that matters most, right? lulz
Hahaha yeah and he made weight too. .2 pounds ROFL.

Close fight... Expecting a third.

Yoel didn't fight for long enough to win a decision...His game plan was to conserve energy and then explode...It was win by KO or lose on points.

You don't give almost 3 rounds up and expect a decision win...His moments were more spectacular but he fought for about 8 minutes of a 25min fight....The other 17min he was resting with his guard up while Whittaker was kicking the shit out of his leg and punching him in the face.

its fights like these I realise at the end of the day UFC is a business.

I'm shocked at how upset this fight has made sherdog. Romero stans are pissed at the system for the weight cut and judges for the decision. Whittaker stans are mad... well, I'm actually not sure what Whittaker's fans are so mad about since he won the fight... maybe it's because Romero tossed their boy around like a small child, and almost finished him twice.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the fight too. Did Yoel's eye close after the fight or in round 2?

Did calling me a mouth breather help your small man complex in which you live vicariously through a repeating cheater?
<GSPWoah>

Once again, mouth breather, I’m referring to the fight, not post fight pictures, or even visual damage. Are you having trouble comprehending this?

I’m referring to the actual fight. The one where Whittaker was flying all over the cage getting his ass whipped lol.

It was a good fight without a doubt. Whittaker won on points. Still got his ass kicked.

Last edited:
I thought Yoel should have won based on damage and overall effectiveness, but it was a close fight with Whittaker landing quantity and I'm never upset when a close fight results in the current champion remaining champion, just like GSP vs Hendricks, Jones vs Gustaffson, etc.

Plus the dude showed up on the Monday before the fight at 216

Cut 20 pounds in 6 days, intentionally miss to try and get extra time, cry when it doesn't work

I like Yoel and I don't hate on the cheating too much because imo if you ain't cheating you ain't trying

But this is just straight up stupidity, any idiot off the street could have told you trying to cut that much and leaving it until the last possible second is a bad idea where anything could go wrong

Back