Yoel Romero and Joey Diaz on JRE MMA Show

I liked Yoel before but now I got so much respect for the guy, so humble and down to earth guy.
Crazy how literally didn’t train any mma for his first few fights.
I was expecting a worst job by diaz but not bad with the translation effort

Good stuff. being bilingual it's very interesting to hear everything, and Joey's spanish kinda broken but good.

EDIT: funny how joey tried to translate metodología into english but he didn't know shit. hilarious.

and it's methodology.

Last edited:
Gonna give this a listen tomorrow, I prefer the more serious guests on jre these days

Is he the father of Nick & Nate (serious question)?

No, but he is one of their two uncles.

NWV2Io5xqOtZ9mtqtxyHH_uA25xEDQHxBT5CVi-2VpQ.jpg

Yoel: En Cuba.
Rogan(looking at Joey): In Cuba?
Joey(looking at Yoel): En Cuba?
Yoel(looking at Joey): En Cuba.
Joey(looking at Rogan): In Cuba.

Best exchange ever.

Soon Tain Yo was born.

I got done listening to it and please never use Joey Diaz as a translator again. He doesn’t speak Spanish too well and didn’t translate the stuff properly.

I thought he did fine for this podcast.

Yoel: En Cuba.
Rogan(looking at Joey): In Cuba?
Joey(looking at Yoel): En Cuba?
Yoel(looking at Joey): En Cuba.
Joey(looking at Rogan): In Cuba.

Best exchange ever.

Soon Tain Yo was born.
My favorite question and answer of the podcast (perhaps of all time):

Rogan: "How common is marijuana in Cuba?"

Romero: "Si."

I got done listening to it and please never use Joey Diaz as a translator again. He doesn’t speak Spanish too well and didn’t translate the stuff properly.
would love to see you do it, so I can laugh my ass off

Eh, he didn't translate literally but I didn't think he did that bad at all.

So did they talk about the butt sniffing issue like the guy in the first page claimed?

It was like a Norm Macdonald joke. It was taking too long and the build up is not even related to the punchline.
Norm MacDonald is a genius. Lol. The build up is part of the joke. The pay off is usually very funny.

This is one of the best podcasts ever. I fucking love Romero and Joey Diaz did great!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back