Wtf is Tony doing?!

It doesn't matter what kind of goofy shit he "trains" on. It's a waste of time and he knows it. So why not just do some dumb shit like this.

Unorthodox training, unorthodox fighting, awkward as a person, cringe galore.

I like Tony the way he is.

He is practicing punching upward towards a small object (head) because he is going to be on his back the entire fight

still light years more reasonable than this:

UFC-194-TONY-FERGUSON-MMAnytt-Photo-Mazdak-Cavian-2-1000x652.jpg
Don’t feed him after midnight, and don’t get him wet.....too late!
GREMLIN!!

First off I’m a fan of Tony and have nothing against him. He’s got incredible heart and determination to win. Came across this video of him training and it’s questionable. I understand he is doing it for accuracy. I just don’t see how this would be useful against khabib.

This is what someone who has never used a speed bag would do. Obviously Tony knows how to properly use it but this is odd. Not the first questionable training method I’ve seen Tony use. Thoughts?

uppercuts.
When someone tries to take you down, you meet them with uppercuts...

maybe he's just fucking around. it's instagram for gods sake

Fuck it, I'm still impressed. Now we know he can hit you with an uppercut from angles that he just made up

uppercuts.
Khabib doesnt shoot as much as he body locks. Uppercuts are better for shooting take downs

Tony is training in unusual ways, but he always seems to do that and somehow it's worked out well for him. I don't think conventional training is going to serve him well vs Khabib anyway.

with the way these fucking guys "train" i honestly believe if i applied myself id literally be the #1 p4p fighter in MMA in like 3-5 years

He's a strange dude. But I'm not going to knock his training. It seems to be suiting him well so far. But, possibly he's training timing an uppercut as an offensive counter to a double leg shot. I know it s stretch.

uppercuts.
He’s punching above him standing up. If he was crouching or fighting a taller opponent I would understand.

Well, him being unorthodox is one of his biggest assets.

It's hard to anticipate his actions because of his unortodox technique, timing and.. crazyness

This guy goes very hard in his trainings. That’s why he’s a top fighter

I wouldn’t worry about it sir. Him farting around on the speed bag isn’t going to make or break him on this fight.

Back