Wtf is Tony doing?!

Oregonmma

2x Ice cream belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First off I’m a fan of Tony and have nothing against him. He’s got incredible heart and determination to win. Came across this video of him training and it’s questionable. I understand he is doing it for accuracy. I just don’t see how this would be useful against khabib.

This is what someone who has never used a speed bag would do. Obviously Tony knows how to properly use it but this is odd. Not the first questionable training method I’ve seen Tony use. Thoughts?

First off I’m a fan of Tony and have nothing against him. He’s got incredible heart and determination to win. Came across this video of him training and it’s questionable. I understand he is doing it for accuracy. I just don’t see how this would be useful against khabib.

This is what someone who has never used a speed bag would do. Obviously Tony knows how to properly use it but this is odd. Not the first questionable training method I’ve seen Tony use. Thoughts?

Falls in line with the rest of the weird Tony stuff, kicking metal and lifting weights like he is trying to hurt his back. Is normal

13bae40e61dc5df6c106857cf09546bf.gif

Falls in line with the rest of the weird Tony stuff, kicking metal and lifting weights like he is trying to hurt his back. Is normal
Yeah I understand the guy has interesting methods, but does he not have a head coach?? Seems like some of these are a serious waste of time. The question is how good would he be with different methods?

It's understandable, It's what you get when a dork becomes a fighter.

Better than hitting steel pipes I guess..

I think it's either a red herring (Tony deliberately putting weird things out for his own unfathomable reasons) or it's just a little meditation time, Tony style.
Nothing serious, imo.

Just unorthodox stuff. Why not? MMA is pretty much figuring out different shit to see if they work. Training with pool noodles looks dumb at first, but they're good training tools once you try it out.

trolling you...

MMA fighters should learn training practices from A-level athletes like Lomachenko

This guy is about an inch away from a fight canceling injury. Does he not have a proper coach or trainer ? He’s absolutely crazy. He’s mocking the JBG and unseen forces of the universe. Hands and legs aren’t meant to be used as weapons against much harder objects.

If either guy pulls out of this fight. I will lose my mind.

Tony is weird af. I like that though. He is like the martial artist you would hear about back in the day before mma was a thing. Punching boulders to make iron fists. Hes the modern day version of the martial artists that mma bros said were fake and their techniques would never work in a real fight.

I’ve stopped trying to understand El Cuckoo and just accept the fact the man is in his own world... he’s a fun creative fighter who always brings it

Back