Wrestling matches that surprisingly never happened

I was fascinated by the idea of Ravishing Rick Rude vs The Macho Man as a kid. I believe it did happen in territories, but it would have been cool to see a WWF/WCW program between the two of them; lots of intensity and good wrestlers.

in this same vein - minoru suzuki v bryan danielson. it happened, but nobody bothered to TAPE IT

Was surprised to find out recently that Sabu and Raven never wrestled each other in ECW, figured they would have hooked up at least once at a house show or something but nope.

Was surprised to find out recently that Sabu and Raven never wrestled each other in ECW, figured they would have hooked up at least once at a house show or something but nope.
Did raven ever wrestle a lot for any org ? I always felt like I saw him a lot in the big 3 during Aa but not actual wrestling.

The rumor was always that him being the son was supposed to solidify his main event spot but he botched on Randy Orton and almost ended his career. Apparently they were non to happy with him after that and let him go, ruining the Vince's illegitimate son angle all together.
HEhi are you respand ring to or what the fuck ate u referencing here

I second and third Eddie Guerrero be Shawn Michaels.

HEhi are you respand ring to or what the fuck ate u referencing here

{<doc}

giphy.gif

Did Michaels and Savage ever wrestle? I know Vince nixed a program between them, not long before Savage jumped to WCW.

Did Michaels and Savage ever wrestle? I know Vince nixed a program between them, not long before Savage jumped to WCW.
UK Rampage 92 they wrestled each other

Owen just missed out on having matches with the likes of Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, etc. :(

Owen just missed out on having matches with the likes of Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, etc. :(
Owen had the potential to put on great matches (and he did) but he never had the ambition and didn't care enough to do it consistently. What I'm trying to say is that those matches might hAve just turned out okay.

Owen had the potential to put on great matches (and he did) but he never had the ambition and didn't care enough to do it consistently. What I'm trying to say is that those matches might hAve just turned out okay.
Yeah but he would've made up for it with the ribs on Benoit (and Malenko too).

Sting vs Taker especially when they could've done it 2015 instead of the HHH match will always be the one for me. The mathc itself might not have been great due to their age at the time but the build up and face to face ala Rock vs Hogan would've been epic.

I feel like Sting missed out on a lot of dream matches by not signing with WWE for so long though I understand his reasons. Thankfully we got to see some in TNA like him vs Angle, Joe and AJ which ended up being fair contests.

Demolition vs Road Warriors (Those 6 man tags/Survivor Series dont count)
They had a standard 2 vs 2 Tag match on Wrestling Challenge on February 9th 1991.

It's on The Road Warriors WWE DVD mate.

<Y2JSmirk>

Last edited:
Sting vs Taker especially when they could've done it 2015 instead of the HHH match will always be the one for me. The mathc itself might not have been great due to their age at the time but the build up and face to face ala Rock vs Hogan would've been epic.

I feel like Sting missed out on a lot of dream matches by not signing with WWE for so long though I understand his reasons. Thankfully we got to see some in TNA like him vs Angle, Joe and AJ which ended up being fair contests.

lol I think his reasoning was that he didnt wanna get buried - Then he finally shows up 15 years too late and guess what happens?

<DisgustingHHH>

lol I think his reasoning was that he didnt wanna get buried - Then he finally shows up 15 years too late and guess what happens?

<DisgustingHHH>

Like I said, I understand his reasons. If Sting actually had signed with WWE sometime after WCWs death and managed a long run in the 2000s then there would be no way they could deny him a couple title runs and dream matches.

I know this sounds ridiculous now, but I recall being pretty hyped for WCW's Halloween Havoc '98 show because of all the dream matches that were scheduled.

Bret vs Sting, Hall vs Nash, Rick vs Scott, Warrior vs Hogan II, Goldberg vs DDP.

Those were some very appealing matches at the time......it's just a shame WCW couldn't tell a story worth a damn.

Back