Social WR Lounge 316: The Hunter Biden Transgender Trump for Prison Super Mega Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, what do you make of this?

Canada Truck attack: Trial begins for man accused of killing Muslim family

A Canadian man accused of terrorism and murder left home with the intent to ram his vehicle "pedal to the metal" into a family of Muslims, a court has heard.

"Nathaniel Veltman, 22, faces four counts of terrorism-motivated first degree murder, and one attempted murder charge at a trial in Windsor, Ontario.

He is accused of deliberately running over the Afzaal family with his truck while they were out on an evening walk in London, Ontario, in 2021.

Mr Veltman has pleaded not guilty.

The case marks the first time a jury in Canada is hearing legal arguments on terrorism related to white supremacy.

Salman Afzaal, 46, and his wife Madiha Salman, 44, were killed in the attack - along with their daughter Yumna Afzaal, 15, and Mr Afzaal's mother Talat Afzaal, 74.

The couple's nine-year-old son was seriously hurt but survived.

Prosecutors have argued that Mr Veltman, who was 20 at the time of his arrest, was motivated by hate and white nationalist ideologies when he allegedly jumped the curb with his truck and struck the Afzaal family, who were Pakistani-Canadian Muslims.

He "left his home with a specific purpose in mind: to find Muslims to kill", prosecutor Sarah Shaikh told the court's 14 jurors on Monday during opening arguments.

Ms Shaikh said the accused had told police after the attack: "I know what I did, I don't regret what I did. I admit that it was terrorism. This was politically motivated, 100%."

"He sped up, aiming to strike the family. You will hear him say, in his own words, he was driving 'pedal to the metal'," she continued, according to CBC News.

Prosecutors on Monday told the court that the accused had purchased his truck two weeks before the attack, and that he had planned the rampage for three months.

A manifesto, in which he describes himself as a white nationalist, was found in his flat after the attack, Ms Shaikh added.

This rotten sack of shit pleaded not guilty and is blaming everyone but his own shitty-arsed self for what he did.

"But Prof Botterell added that even if the terrorism charge was not successfully argued, the jury could still find the accused guilty of first-degree murder.""

Thank the Lord Jesus for that. Fuck this prick. As a reminder, he mowed down 3 generations of a family with a truck he purchased specifically for the purpose, leaving one 10 year old behind to somehow collect the pieces. And he pleads not guilty because Alex Fucking Jones, yeah right. So, if someone puts a bullet in his head repeatedly kicks him in the gonads on the way to jail they can call "because reasons" and it's all good, is that right?
Can Canada classify him special to keep him in prison for life? They do that right with really bad murders I think?

I hope it’s not like that guy that cut someone’s head off on a bus and now is free as he was declared insane, but now they say he’s not insane.

Can Canada classify him special to keep him in prison for life? They do that right with really bad murders I think?

I hope it’s not like that guy that cut someone’s head off on a bus and now is free as he was declared insane, but now they say he’s not insane.
Canada doesn't have a "life without parole" option. That was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. At the same time, they don't need to grant parole when he becomes eligible, and if he's designated a dangerous offender his prison term can be arbitrarily extended indefinitely but it would still have to come up for review periodically. I'd be hoping for consecutive life sentences with the dangerous offender designation and then he likely won't get out at all.

Re: the head cutter guy, if he was insane and he's not now that's righteous IMHO. I have no medical information about the guy but it seems to me we have to trust the head shrinkers to exercise their best judgement on this one. The insanity plea exists for a reason and so do doctors.

How can I get pink belt?

Do I have to send sherwood a picture of my man boobs or something

Used to a poster would get a pink belt if they welched on a bet.

<{fry}>

How are you?

The falling rain and the turn to autumn has me feeling a tad glum if I'm being honest
rain-autumn.gif

Sweden is playing Belgium in football (in Belgium)
2 Swedes has been shot in a terror attack before the match.
Dude is from IS. Still free.
Has made videos bragging about killing Swedes.

Can we stop the planet?
I wanna get off...
Its really getting worse and worse.

"Perpetrator in video: "I have avenged Allah's religion and killed Swedes" The man who is believed to have shot dead two Swedes in Brussels on Monday night claims in a video that he is a member of the Islamic State and brags about killing infidels, Belgian media reports. "I have taken revenge for Allah's religion and killed three Swedes," he says in the video, according to SR, which has translated it. Two Swedes have been confirmed dead by Belgian police. In the video, the man is wearing the same fluorescent orange jacket that he is seen wearing during the attack in videos filmed by passers-by. The Facebook page where the man posted several videos before the attack was taken down shortly after 9 p.m. on Monday evening."

https://omni.se/garningsman-i-video-jag-har-hamnats-allahs-religion-och-dodat-svenskar/a/APyM4j

damn, they had to shut an elementary school down here today and lock the kids in the gym because of a shooting at the school.....no not a shooting involving guns, but two junkies were shooting up on the school grounds together and they both overdosed and were taken away on stretchers into an ambulance.

now i'm not much of a junkie, but if i was i'm pretty sure i could at least find a better spot to shoot my shit than a fucking elementary school while there are children around playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back