Wow so Jorge Masvidal fought Raphael Assuncao

At one point in my gullible time as a mma fan I thought Rumble would stand a chance against Jones.
This of course was before the DC AJ2 fight.

<{cruzshake}>
It happens to the best of us. I truly believed that Eddie would smoke Conor. Man, I couldn't have been more wrong lol

I agree, Rumble hits like a truck but Jones had eaten some nasty shots before
Jones has a chin, dude. I gotta give props where props are due. Rumble wouldn't have had anything for him.

thiago santos who now fights at 185 got dominated on tuf by leo santos who is a 155'er.
Leo Santos is the lineal LW interim champion. Show some #hespect

I have been trying to get footage from Assuncao-Masvidal that fight since forever.
Damn Raphael must been a microscopic LW

Jorge Santiago got knocked out by manny gamburyan.

And he lost by decision. They are 4 weight classes apart. I can't believe Jorge lost to him despite being much larger.

Are there any other fights like this where a top fighter lost to a much smaller guy earlier in their career?

Luis Azevedo once beat Anderson Silva.
Luis is perhaps most famous for being KO'd by Gomi in Pride with maybe one of the best 1-2 combo's in MMA history.

At one point in my gullible time as a mma fan I thought Rumble would stand a chance against Jones.
This of course was before the DC AJ2 fight.

<{cruzshake}>

How doesn't he? If Rumble can land shots on you, you'll be hurt. he has like, a 3-5 min window to do so vs people who fight back and don't cave to his pressure, but, in those few moments, he's one scary dude.

Think thats bad...I can't believe Barao, Swanson, Teixeria and Dos Anjos lost their very first MMA fight and then have the nerve to believe that they are world class fighters!!! And then for MMA organisations to have them in the rankings...give me a break!!

In other news I used to wear nappies 33 years ago but don't anymore.

How doesn't he? If Rumble can land shots on you, you'll be hurt. he has like, a 3-5 min window to do so vs people who fight back and don't cave to his pressure, but, in those few moments, he's one scary dude.

oh to be so foolish

This guy loses to every top fighter not named Cerrone.. idk why he gets so much hype around here
Probably because he was a street fighter. There is something about guys like Jorge, Tank, and Kimbo that is almost legendary. Jorge has a ton heart when he fights, also why he is so liked.

It's weird and impressive on Assuncao's end but they aren't four weight classes apart. More like three.

I can not imagine a lot of guys under 155 that wouldn't lose to Assuncao by decision.

The dude is a wizard at making great fighters look like total fucking amateurs, and I have no idea how he does it. Not that surprised that he can do it to Masvidal, too.

Nate Diaz lost to Conor when he came in at 297 pounds as a Lesnar weight giant with a reach of the twin towers.

Leo Santos is the lineal LW interim champion. Show some #hespect

I have been trying to get footage from Assuncao-Masvidal that fight since forever.
Damn Raphael must been a microscopic LW

The guy is stocky and strong as an ox.
He could have had title shots at both FW (WEC) and BW, but he's not very flashy, mostly a grinder. He doesn't talk much trash or post controversial things on Twitter, etc.
Also, if he just trained full time, instead of teaching BJJ classes, MMA classes, and running a school, he could have probably done even more as a fighter.

yeah, foolish to think that one of the hardest punchers in MMA could hurt someone with punches

sherdog logic at its finest folks.

You must not have seen his last fight. Pretty hard for the hardest hitter in mma to ko someone when they come out trying to wrestle the best wrestler in the division.

watch rumble johnson's early fights I beleive he lost to a 5 foot 9 guy called rich clementi. He also lost to josh koschek
Clementi used to be a very good grappler in his prime, and I think AJ struggled to make like 178 or something for the fight. I remember AJ gassing real bad too.

Back