Wow so Jorge Masvidal fought Raphael Assuncao

Machamp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And he lost by decision. They are 4 weight classes apart. I can't believe Jorge lost to him despite being much larger.

Are there any other fights like this where a top fighter lost to a much smaller guy earlier in their career?

minowaman-beats-butterbean.jpg

And he lost by decision. They are 4 weight classes apart. I can't believe Jorge lost to him despite being much larger.

Are there any other fights like this where a top fighter lost to a much smaller guy earlier in their career?
watch rumble johnson's early fights I beleive he lost to a 5 foot 9 guy called rich clementi. He also lost to josh koschek

Masvidal has been a weight class hopper his whole life. He's lost to gate keepers in all divisions, but he's more relevant than ever now at his heaviest weight class.

Thats mma man, shit happens. They prob fought at 155 i imagine.

This guy loses to every top fighter not named Cerrone.. idk why he gets so much hype around here

thiago santos who now fights at 185 got dominated on tuf by leo santos who is a 155'er.

Some people can't grasp that fighters change with time, some get worse, the majority get better, and Masvidal today is a completely different beast.

Some people can't grasp that fighters change with time, some get worse, the majority get better, and Masvidal today is a completely different beast.
Masvidal of old gets subbed by maia in first round.

I'm not a fan of the dude but he's improved heaps, a lot of his losses were to him not pulling the trigger also.

watch rumble johnson's early fights I beleive he lost to a 5 foot 9 guy called rich clementi. He also lost to josh koschek
Rich via rear naked choke, same as Cormier twice...both hailing from my home state <seedat>It's still do insane to me that 5 of his 6 losses are by rnc<36>

Last edited:
Rich via rear naked choke, same as Cormier twice...but hailing from my home state <seedat>It's still do insane to me that 5 of his 6 losses are by rnc<36>

And there are fools that think if he comes back to fight Jones, he won't lose in the same way.
Nope, I refuse to be fooled twice. You aint getting me again Rumble.

And there are fools that think if he comes back to fight Jones, he won't lose in the same way.
Nope, I refuse to be fooled twice. You aint getting me again Rumble.
I've always thought Rumble would get outclassed. That's coming from a non Jones fan, and a Rumble fan.

I've always thought Rumble would get outclassed. That's coming from a non Jones fan, and a Rumble fan.

At one point in my gullible time as a mma fan I thought Rumble would stand a chance against Jones.
This of course was before the DC AJ2 fight.

<{cruzshake}>

I agree, Rumble hits like a truck but Jones had eaten some nasty shots before

I can't believe it wasn't split decision. Jorge "split decision machine" masvidal. 26 decisions out of 44 matches, half of which were losses. And gsp gets shit on for this? Sorry for the unrelated rant.

Back