Wow. Rashad is only 38 years old. Woodley?

Ortegoat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Damn......

Is it possible we see a sharp decline in twoods explosiveness this year?

36 years of age... rashad only 38

Or is woodley good at hiding it with only throwing the overhand right once per round and and always threatening the takedown?

I'm 38, and I would never say I'm "only" 38.

Woodley is savin his energy for the years to come.

Rashad peaked quickly then nosedived

Damn......

Is it possible we see a sharp decline in twoods explosiveness this year?

36 years of age... rashad only 38

Or is woodley good at hiding it with only throwing the overhand right once per round and and always threatening the takedown?

Sorry that T Wood slept your favorite fighter.

Sincerely,

Truth is Freedom

Rashad’s decline was initially due to his mentality, he was so mentally worked up over the Jackson fallout, when Jones beat him he lost his swagger he once had.

But right when he got back on the winning track he blew out his knees.

Woodley’s got some quality fights left for him he doesn’t take a lot of damage and he fights smart, he will be around for a couple more years.

It's more about mileage than age, Woodley hasn't been taking too much damage, he's pretty much a fresh 36 years old. Having been only KO'd once doesn't hurt either.

36? So what?

Romero is 41. Haven't seen him slow down yet.

I'm 38, and I would never say I'm "only" 38.
You're a young man. When you get a little older you just have to do things the right way.

wpid-Brady_credit-Kevin-OBrien-1.jpg

What about Shogun, he is fighting forever and is still only 36 yrs. old.

GSP is 37
Chael Sonnen is 41
Cowboy Cerrone is 35

:)

Everyone ages differently.

It's so strange that so many people still don't grasp this concept. I mean there's people who die of natural causes at 50 and other who live to be over 100. But in MMA if one fighter's doing well at 40 it's impossible for another to decline at 35.

GSP is 37
Chael Sonnen is 41
Cowboy Cerrone is 35

The one that really shocks me is Roger Huerta, who just turned 35 a few days ago. I thought he was much older. He literally peaked in 2007 at age 24. He had a tough childhood, though, and I think his decline was largely mental based on an interview I read.

Last edited:
The secret is in not fighting.

If you can turn all your fights in jogging matches it makes things easier on the body.

Rashad used to not fight as much by exclusively wrestling and holding his opponents.

Woodley saw him and said fuck that, i can do better, and completely stopped fighting.

With this rate, he can continue being champ till he's 50.

I bet his training consists of 10 people chasing him around the octagon and him slipping away.

Everyone ages differently.

It's so strange that so many people still don't grasp this concept. I mean there's people who die of natural causes at 50 and other who live to be over 100. But in MMA if one fighter's doing well at 40 it's impossible for another to decline at 35.
Are you implying that my neighbor who is the same age as me but can’t even push mow his lawn without taking breaks to avoid cardiac arrest aged differently than me?! Ludicrous!

Sherdog is like a magnet to idiots.

GSP is 37
Chael Sonnen is 41
Cowboy Cerrone is 35

Condit is barely 34, has been fighting since the stone age.

Before Rasahad’s knee injuries (the major ones, not the 2011 one that let Jones get the title shot vs Shogun) Rashad only had 3 losses.

At the time of his first major injury he was a top 3 LHW and was set to face DC in what felt like a great mirror match at the time and I believe that DC was only a slight favorite.

The secret is in not fighting.

If you can turn all your fights in jogging matches it makes things easier on the body.

Rashad used to not fight as much by exclusively wrestling and holding his opponents.

Woodley saw him and said fuck that, i can do better, and completely stopped fighting.

With this rate, he can continue being champ till he's 50.

I bet his training consists of 10 people chasing him around the octagon and him slipping away.
He is the modern Bruce Lee, has mastered fighting without fighting.

Back