Wow. Rashad is only 38 years old. Woodley?

Prime is a highly relative thing.
According to many Fedor-fans he was obviously out of prime by 31-32.
At the same time we have guys like Romero and Hendo who killing it at 40+
Everyone ages differently.

It's so strange that so many people still don't grasp this concept. I mean there's people who die of natural causes at 50 and other who live to be over 100. But in MMA if one fighter's doing well at 40 it's impossible for another to decline at 35.
While I agree completely - I also think that we often incorrectly blame losses on age alone.

When a young fighter goes from a long winning streak to losing, we say it's skill related.
When an old fighter goes from winning to losing many automatically say that it's because of age.

For example, if Renan Barao had been old when he started losing I bet many people would've just blamed it on him getting old and we would've seen threads like "Prime Barao would've killed TJ and Cruz" . :rolleyes:

Of course it's impossible to say if age is a factor or not when older fighters lose.

Just saying many fans are too quick to cry out "age decline!" as soon as an older fighter's win streak is broken, despite it not necessarily being true.

Last edited:
No a coin flip is if McGregor ever fights again.

Woodley has never done anything to make me doubt what he says.
Hasn't fought in almost a year. It's been so long the UFC is making an interim title fight..

I dont think so. Rashads issues were because of his knee problems.

78241.jpg
Good god, he looks like he's allergic to water.

Hasn't fought in almost a year. It's been so long the UFC is making an interim title fight..
Fought 4 times in 1 year.

Got injured in his last fight.

Tried to rehab without surgery. Didn't work. Got surgery in January. Finally got the ok to resume training in May. Wants to fight in August.

And they made the interim title because neither RDA or Colby were going to fight without it being for a title. Both said they were going to sit out until receiving a TS. So the UFC did what they had to do to keep the division moving.

Personally I feel the if WB/Till winner wins in dominanting fashion or Usman have a decent shot at fighting Woodley next if the RDA/Colby winner has to take an extended medical leave or the just has a shit performance.

But it sounds like you're just not a Woodley fan. So he can run into a burning building to save orphans and you'll still find a reason to hate on him for it.

Last edited:
1 opening in 5 rounds ?

Also, don't insult Romero. That dude is a killer that sends people to la la land, at the young age of 41.

thats true. romero is a beast. my favourite fighter along with dc and cain.

doesnt matter id its one opening, wonderboy did nothing to him whereas he nearly put him out.

thats true. romero is a beast. my favourite fighter along with dc and cain.

doesnt matter id its one opening, wonderboy did nothing to him whereas he nearly put him out.
Oh I'm not saying Wonderboy was any better. They both ran that marathon. And yes, Woodley was more successful by one very good blitz.

Another reason why it's not very smart of Woodley for holding out fights

People do age differently. I’m 37 and look 30-31 have no grey hairs and keep in great shape all year long

I know guys ten years younger who look like dog crap

38 is old. Im 36 and know people from back in the day with kids starting college. The time flys, but physical peak for humans is early to mid 20s. That's one of the reasons I give mad respect to guys like romero, it really is impressive to be where he's at, most of us aren't even close.

Woodley is way past his athletic prime, but his skillset and strategy have kept him on top. The big question is....how is he going to look after shoulder surgery?

1 opening in 5 rounds ?

Also, don't insult Romero. That dude is a killer that sends people to la la land, at the young age of 41.
Don’t insult Woodley, dude at least won the undisputed belt and defended it multiple times.

Woodley is on steroids, dude is a 5'9 mma fighter, 205lbs in offseason & built like a shit brick house.

Back