Would you fight Conor McGregor in a pure Grappling match?

On topic conor is going to smash 99% of the forum, come on guys dude is a freak was a purple back in 2012 he's not a black belt becaus eh probably doesn't wear the gi mucH, but There's no question skill wise he is a bb, and pretty good one probably, at least no gi
This. People really forget the skill discrepancy between your average BB and guys fighting in higher leagues. Most of us are not on their level yet, or ever will be.

To answer the Q, i'd fight or bjj match him. Very highly Likely lose, i'd even place bets against me, whatever though, i'd show up. Then again, i'd fight ogre from Tekken with just a pair of chopsticks.

I checked my posts. I only said I would not fight Mike Tyson and Connor. Mike Tyson for obvious reasons. He would absolutely crushed me.. conor because I am at 2 stripe white belt and there would be no benefit to me. I would learn absolutely nothing.

I did not say me personally that I would not comeat anyone that I had no chance of beating. But those two specific individuals.

My day will come when I compete.

-T

actually you could learn plenty if your ego would allow it. for example, if he passed your guard a certain way and got you in guillotine in 10 seconds, you could reflect after the match how he was able to capitalize so easily. you could ask your coaches and learn a thing or two about guard retention and guillotine defense. also you could say you got completely whooped by conor mcgregor in a grappling match, which to me would be cool as fuck. again though, it seems your ego is too big at this point. hopefully it will cool down with experience. it took me well over a year.

I bet Conor plays around with modern guards. He hit a butterfly to single leg X sweep against Nate.
people in the heavies were saying that wasn't even a sweep he hit and tried to discredit what rener was saying about that sweep, lol

people in the heavies were saying that wasn't even a sweep he hit and tried to discredit what rener was saying about that sweep, lol

I rarely post in that cesspool. The comments are good for the lulz, though.

[Not to drop names into the thread but a training partner of mine is a regular at SBG. Trained with him Sunday, discussed rolling with Connor in the past. Reportedly McGregor is a beast on the mats, unbelievable flexibility and clean, crisp technique. 2nd hand information but I trust the sources opinion

I plan to run some ball pushing drills tonight.

Then I'm going to go to jiu jitsu.

No striking... just good 'ol fashion grappling. No weight restrictions or time limits. Maybe he comes in at his walking-around-weight, or maybe he does not.

Go with it.

-T

EDIT:
I totally screwed this OP. My intent was to make it with penalty... not just grappling. Meaning you would have skin in the game: choose to grapple and risk serious injury due to a submission. Not at all was I thinking a sanction BJJ match with all protections in said match.

Oh well, crap happens. Things spiraled, and this thread now sucked.
Yes....

I plan to run some ball pushing drills tonight.

Then I'm going to go to jiu jitsu.
I literally broke out laughing in a room full of people randomly.. I'm now the crazy person

Still a brown belt though, Conor. One would be wise to not underestimate him.
Brown belt, black belt, polka dot belt...don't mean nuthin if you ain't got no heart!

Dude tapped to a half-hearted RNC.

Why you YELLOW, Brotha?

Brown belt, black belt, polka dot belt...don't mean nuthin if you ain't got no heart!

Dude tapped to a half-hearted RNC.

Why you YELLOW, Brotha?
Oh idk, that rear naked choke looked TAF to me.

I spam-slammed some dude in one thread and they got me for flaming.

Silly question.

Why wouldn't you grapple someone? Regardless of weight or skill level what's the worst that could happen to either party? Getting subbed? Big deal.

i tell people that all the time and they don't seem to understand it. I get people at work who will say, "colby, jon jones? would you grapple him?" I'm like of course, that'd be pretty cool. I'd get tapped out quick but it'd be cool experience none the less. I don't think they believe me when i say that. Grappling bigger, better people is not a big deal as there is rarely any permanent damage to be done.

....striking on the other hand - going 100% with someone of that caliber, I'd rather not get ko'd so i'll pass. But maybe when I was younger I'd be stupid enough to try.

Last edited:
I assumed the question was deeper than that. It really is along the lines of... do you think your skills are comprable, or sufficient enough, to allow you to fight him with the probability of winning.

Hell, sure, I could jump into the ring with Mike Tyson and get beat royally, but I have no chance if winning, so I would not fight Tyson.

-T

I reckon I could knock out Mike Tyson's frail elderly accountant

It happens, don it with pride!
keep-calm-the-yellow-team-has-this.png

Back