Would you be interested in Maia vs Lawler?

Maia only has one fight on his contract and I can't really see where he goes from here, career wise.

If he's gonna hang 'em up, give him someone he can conceivably get down and strangle to go out on a W.

You'd think, but he couldn't finish Cerrone, who has a vulnerable chin and even more vulnerable body. And very few guys have finished Maia. I don't really care to see either of them fight any more, but it would be a semi-interesting "legends" fight and classic striker vs. grappler. I just don't want to see Maia against any more young wrestlers.
Is ee your point about how difficult it is to finish Maia.

Lawler has great TDD. I don't see anything intriguing about this match up. I like Maia, but I don't think he has anything for Lawler.

I'd definitely watch that fight.

How quickly things change. This could've been a title fight a year or 2 ago. Now they're both headed towards the end. Maia more so IMO.

The reason so many people hate on Maia:

The UFC is turning into 1/2 Reality Television 1/2 Toughman brawling contests.

Maia is polite and respectful who doesn't use social media to create drama in an attempt to "hype" his fights. So many UFC fans today enjoy the Connor/Colby drama more than the actual fights themselves. People want to see knockouts as guys swing for the fences - they just don't care about submissions.

lawler should fight someone in the lower half of the top 15, maybe magny is he wins. Maia should fight someone outside the top 15 after 3 straight losses. we need some turnover in the division and top 10 guys coming off losses and fighting eachother does nothing.

Sure, it's a fresh matchup and both guys are in the tail ends of their careers. Better late than never

Give maia either someone with zero ground game and good stand up.

So if he gets it down he gets the sub if not he gets the shit kicked out of him.

I wouldn't want to see it only because I think Robbie loses, but it would be intriguing.

It would be a classic grappler vs striker matchup between two older guys who were among the very best in the previous generation but have seemingly fallen off a bit. Do you want it and who would you back?

Nope, I don't ever want to see a Maia fight again.

Maia won't get Lawler down. Lawler would finish Maia.

RDA and Matt Brown got lawler down multiple times....

Maia with a full camp gets him down. Maia isn't all the sudden some nobody.

RDA and Matt Brown got lawler down multiple times....

Maia with a full camp gets him down. Maia isn't all the sudden some nobody.
I don't think Maia is a nobody. I still don't think he gets Lawler down.

Sure, why not.
I see Maia by sub early, but it's either that or Lawler by KTFO.
Thia one ain't cruising to no safe decisioin.

Maia only has one fight on his contract and I can't really see where he goes from here, career wise.

If he's gonna hang 'em up, give him someone he can conceivably get down and strangle to go out on a W.

I thought he had just signed for 4?

It's best for Maia and viewers that he'll get some lower ranked winnable fights for these remaining 3 fights to cap off a great career. Guys who he can take down and tie up, or fellow grapplers.

Already shown what happens when he faces good strikers with TDD. They're too worried about his ground game so it turns into a snoozer quickly, and because he can butt scoot without fear of getting GnP'd these will be extremely dull 3-to-5-rounders.

Lawler's improved his defensive grappling and he's a counter-puncher = TDD and short combos, call for a stand-up. Rinse, repeat.

Back