Would you be interested in Maia vs Lawler?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
It would be a classic grappler vs striker matchup between two older guys who were among the very best in the previous generation but have seemingly fallen off a bit. Do you want it and who would you back?

ewww.....Maia Vs anybody is boring.......Lawler vs any striker.....

Not a fan of the Maia matchup but would always tune into Robbies fights
MJd0Dah.gif

Aww Maia's domination of Condit, Brown, Magny, and Gunni and exciting battle against Masvidal has already been forgotten.

He's a Demian (get it?) on the ground!

Lawler has very good tdd, maia would get knocked out.

HELL NO! Robbie is an action fighter and this fight would be dull. I saw Lawler fight Tim Kennedy in STRIKEFORCE and Kennedy took him down and laid on him for 3 rounds. Terrible fight to watch, and so would this one. If Maia couldn't take him down he would get killed though! THAT would be pretty good I guess!

I would like a grappler vs grappler to be honest.

Who is the best grappler at WW besides Maia? And I don't mean a grappler in the sense of a strong wrestler who will use his grappling to keep it standing. I want to see Maia in a groundbattle.
I still remember his fantastic fight against Jason MacDonald, one of the best pure grappling fights ever. I wanna see something like that again.

Maybe Sérgio Moraes?

I guess it's a fun fight...if you hate Maia.

There are a lot of fighters I want to see Lawler fight.... Maia just doesnt really sound all that exciting

No that would be a waste. One or two guys hat everyone likes to see win. Two it's either a waste to give lawler a boring fight and give maia another guy with crazy tdd

Maia won't get Lawler down. Lawler would finish Maia.

You'd think, but he couldn't finish Cerrone, who has a vulnerable chin and even more vulnerable body. And very few guys have finished Maia. I don't really care to see either of them fight any more, but it would be a semi-interesting "legends" fight and classic striker vs. grappler. I just don't want to see Maia against any more young wrestlers.

It would be a classic grappler vs striker matchup between two older guys who were among the very best in the previous generation but have seemingly fallen off a bit. Do you want it and who would you back?
Nah. Give Maia someone with bad TDD, he's had enough lol

Would like to see Lawler vs almost anyone else

HELL NO! Robbie is an action fighter and this fight would be dull. I saw Lawler fight Tim Kennedy in STRIKEFORCE and Kennedy took him down and laid on him for 3 rounds. Terrible fight to watch, and so would this one. If Maia couldn't take him down he would get killed though! THAT would be pretty good I guess!

Lawler has been submitted (Shields, Jacare, Tanner and others), so if Maia gets it to the ground, he could be in trouble. Remember Maia vs. Condit (though Robbie has better TDD than Chris).

Back