Would it be illegal for Conor to fake going for a kick in a Floyd fight?

They literally can't hit you. And then you kick them.

1*kVHlzvc41qRt4A3sHwND8g.gif

See? Actually the boxer will sh*t his pants too

What i see is nothing, scoring that clip for Ali to be honest

He's gonna feint takedowns and throw the overhand.

Floyd fears Conor's panic wrestling in the ring.

Well this is a stupid response.

Floyd would bite on a kick fake because he DOES NOT WANT TO GET KICKED IN THE FACE. You actually think McGregor has any chance of winning a boxing match against Floyd? No, therefore like Teddy Atlas said, McGregor will probably do something ridiculous to make it entertaining.
Pretty sure Floyd will have stuff in the contracts about this.. If Conor tries anything other than boxing , the refs will be all over it..

He doesn't want to be a boxer he wants to be paid like a boxer. There's a real chance that if this fight happens Conor will fuck around massively to make it a spectacle and keep from being humiliated. That way even if he gets out boxed he can still say he showed how easily he could have fucked Floyd up if he'd been allowed to

It sounds stupid but people would eat that shit up
And he would lose his fight purse and possibly the PPV buys ..smart move..

Why would Conor fake a kick just to throw a punch?

A superman punch is essentially a flying knee feint in to a straight punch, not necessarily a kick, but close enough to what the OP suggested.

The real question is. Would Conor still get paid if he got DQ'd for kicking? Especially if said kick ended up injuring floyd's keg or something like that.

The kicking is silly, but the various odd striking, that's an interesting discussion. Superman punch, spinning back fist, forget who it was but I remember seeing someone punch a guy in the quads. Could get nuts if Connor mixes it up.

spinning back fist would be illegal

tqbwfmnde65pkghhdddoo9ujm99sfu79-large.jpg

Illegal?
I don't know is it illegal to seek self preservation?

Ask the Battle of Somme.

I can't see it being "illegal", but if he did it repeatedly and it had an effect, he'd probably lose points at least. I'm sure there's something the rules that could be applied to it.

If he goes for a kick feint, he's going to be out of position and get KO'ed by a punch.

A superman punch is essentially a flying knee feint in to a straight punch, not necessarily a kick, but close enough to what the OP suggested.
unfortunately the time it takes to fake a flying knee (which isn't allowed) just to throw a punch, would allowed person to get immediately countered.

The rules say you can't kick, why would he be reacting to kicks? When has he, or will he ever, train to develop correct reflexes to kicks?

This is a silly idea.
Exactly - Floyd has no defense trained against kicks so wouldn't react like that and would just be looking for the next punch opening. The idea might work against an MMA fighter in a boxing match though - maybe FLOYD should fake the kick or takedown

Obviously if he actually kicks him it would be against the rules, but if Conor feinted a kick to try and set up his punch offense would it be enough of an offense to disqualify him? lol
You thought this thread was a great idea when you posted it, didnt you?

Seems like a pretty bad idea, to me. If your feint is believable enough to get the attention of the other fighter, then it's also going to get the attention of the ref-- who, if they have any brains and training, will know to look out for that MMA guy who is now in a boxing ring. The ref will recognize that he's clearly threatening with illegal moves (unsportsmanlike conduct), warn/deduct him, and that will be that...and it would be an especially lame/foolish way to lose a fight this big.

If the feint is not enough to cause the other fighter/ref to react, then it's pretty pointless and will become that much more predictable...on top of the fact that everyone knows McGregor's big attack is his left hand. Is it possible it works, once? I guess... But McGregor's movement/repertoire isn't so obscure that it's going to cause elite strikers, in their own element, to be completely thrown off.

McGregor is a good martial artist, under the unified rules, but he's not a professional boxer. He's infinitely more likely to experience something HE has never seen before, as opposed to pulling one over on the more experienced fighter.

You dont know floyd.

If he got kicked in the face he would win by dq. Even if it knocks him out. Floyd would be fine with that

Anyway if manny pac could barely touch him with the fastest hands in the division im pretty sure floyd can avoid a head kick.

Pacquiao is also completely shot. He throws less than 500 punches per fight now opposed to 1000+ he used to. But yeah I would be surprised to see a head kick land.

Conor loosing the fight... Panic kicks in and at the last second he decides - "Fuk them all". Roundhouse kick to the head, KOs Floyd, looses the fight. But still he WON the actual fight..
Come to think about it, that's actually plausible...

Conor loosing the fight... Panic kicks in and at the last second he decides - "Fuk them all". Roundhouse kick to the head, KOs Floyd, looses the fight. But still he WON the actual fight..
Come to think about it, that's actually plausible...
That would be pretty funny. Would be a way out in case he's losing - or do a takedown and GNP/armbar

Conor faking a kick involves him getting a straight right hand down the pipe from Floyd.

Back