Would it be illegal for Conor to fake going for a kick in a Floyd fight?

if he wants to end like arlovski (vs fedor) he should try it

The kicking is silly, but the various odd striking, that's an interesting discussion. Superman punch, spinning back fist, forget who it was but I remember seeing someone punch a guy in the quads. Could get nuts if Connor mixes it up.

Because Lloyd's not a fighter...he's a boxer. He has a kick phobia and the slightest of feints in regards to kicks gets him

TRIGGEREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So a fist fight is not a fight because they dont use other techniques? People LOVE to say how Conor would "kill Floyd in a fight", in a regular fight people dont start from the distance, Floyd could sneak a sucker punch and KO Conor just as well as Conor could kick him, or take down Floyd.

Obviously if he actually kicks him it would be against the rules, but if Conor feinted a kick to try and set up his punch offense would it be enough of an offense to disqualify him? lol

The people who are commenting on this thread obviously do not train.

It's a perfectly reasonable question. There's plenty of times I'll be sparring a fellow Muay Thai or MMA fighter and we will be doing a "boxing only" round.

Even though I know we're doing BOXING ONLY, I'm aware that they have kicks in the arsenal. So if they were to start the motion to throw a kick I would think two things:

1.) They forgot it's pure boxing, and this kick is actually coming my way
2.) They are just messing around, but my body reaction is still to block or "eat" the kick.

So there's definitely a "twitch" or a "reaction" that would come immediately after the kick motion.

So McGregor, and i've thought of this before...could fake a kick motion, and Mayweather would have no idea what he's about to do or what he's doing (as he's never trained kickboxing). So it would result in a movement or twitch against what he's normally used to, and McGregor might be able to capitalize on that.

I've always wondered the rules myself, because all McGregor would be doing, technically, is "aggressively picking his leg up" -- How could that be illegal is no contact is made?

What's pathetic is your condescension, especially when you're pretty wrong.

Or do you not react ever when someone pretends to kick you in a fight?

I come from a wrestling background. When I first started training at an MMA gym and started working on striking there was a karateka there who was pretty good. He had great control and used to tap me in the face ever so lightly with his feet. I didn't react until long after he had made contact. I could see Conor throwing feints and Floyd not reacting at all. He's not looking for kicking tells. He's watching the shoulders and hands for his cues.

Conor fakes a kick, real elite level footwork that Floyd has means now he has Conor lined up for the picture perfect punch.

The people who are commenting on this thread obviously do not train.

It's a perfectly reasonable question. There's plenty of times I'll be sparring a fellow Muay Thai or MMA fighter and we will be doing a "boxing only" round.

Even though I know we're doing BOXING ONLY, I'm aware that they have kicks in the arsenal. So if they were to start the motion to throw a kick I would think two things:

1.) They forgot it's pure boxing, and this kick is actually coming my way
2.) They are just messing around, but my body reaction is still to block or "eat" the kick.

So there's definitely a "twitch" or a "reaction" that would come immediately after the kick motion.

So McGregor, and i've thought of this before...could fake a kick motion, and Mayweather would have no idea what he's about to do or what he's doing (as he's never trained kickboxing). So it would result in a movement or twitch against what he's normally used to, and McGregor might be able to capitalize on that.

I've always wondered the rules myself, because all McGregor would be doing, technically, is "aggressively picking his leg up" -- How could that be illegal is no contact is made?

But don't you think that your reaction to faked kicks has something to do with the fact that your body and mind have been trained to react to real kicks?

I've wrestled for a long time. There are a number of wrestling attacks that are developed specifically to capitalize on the instincts and muscle memory of fellow wrestlers. Use them against a non wrestler, and nothing happens. You'll still beat the non wrestler... but with the straight up moves, not by baiting them with some half-assed/faked technique that they won't recognize or react to.

If that fight somehow actually materializes Conor should obey the rules & win or lose by them. Him kicking, head butting, w/e & getting disqualified would be a cowardly thing to do. I don't know why these stupid threads on this keep getting reposted.

To fake it no.

To land it yes. Lose at least a point, if not dq'd.

almost 4 pages and no one come up with facts yet.tells you a lot about sherdog.

But don't you think that your reaction to faked kicks has something to do with the fact that your body and mind have been trained to react to real kicks?

I've wrestled for a long time. There are a number of wrestling attacks that are developed specifically to capitalize on the instincts and muscle memory of fellow wrestlers. Use them against a non wrestler, and nothing happens. You'll still beat the non wrestler... but with the straight up moves, not by baiting them with some half-assed/faked technique that they won't recognize or react to.

It's a reasonable rationale to think what you think IMO.

It's like when you throw a punch or like movement (joking around) at somebody who has never trained, they will likely do a big flinch and lift their chin up as they lean back.

If you throw a punch or a like movement (joking around) at somebody who HAS trained, they likely won't flinch or move all that much. They are used to it.

So a punch movement coming at mayweather likely won't incite a reaction

but a kick movement coming at mayweather might lead to an awkward position flinch.

I agree that I think McGregor could do a few crazy things just to "mess" with mayweathers head and get him into "the hell is this dude doing" type environment.

Conor will probably switch into his karate stance and do some feints like that at some point, he might crawl on the ground or something as well, or hit a takedown in the clinch (like a Thai throw) or something
Actually wouldn't be surprised if he dumps him quite a few times just to make it a show

I think there's a good chance Conor might make a mockery of the whole thing for shits and grins
Chad Dawson dumped Bernard Hopkins in their first fight and won by tko because b-hop injured his shoulder and couldn't continue lol.

oh my fucking god you fucking people are the biggest losers in the whole entire world

WHY ON EARTH would Floyd bite on a kick feint? Conor McGregor can't fucking kick him within the rules you stupid dorks. Stop this retarded fantasy of McGregor just saying LOL FUCK IT and throwing a kick mid boxing match. It's pathetic.
oh I was expecting whole page of 100% retarded replies..

BOOOOOOOO!

Well this is a stupid response.

Floyd would bite on a kick fake because he DOES NOT WANT TO GET KICKED IN THE FACE. You actually think McGregor has any chance of winning a boxing match against Floyd? No, therefore like Teddy Atlas said, McGregor will probably do something ridiculous to make it entertaining.

You dont know floyd.

If he got kicked in the face he would win by dq. Even if it knocks him out. Floyd would be fine with that

Anyway if manny pac could barely touch him with the fastest hands in the division im pretty sure floyd can avoid a head kick.

Well this is a stupid response.

Floyd would bite on a kick fake because he DOES NOT WANT TO GET KICKED IN THE FACE. You actually think McGregor has any chance of winning a boxing match against Floyd? No, therefore like Teddy Atlas said, McGregor will probably do something ridiculous to make it entertaining.

It always works

DhLJipm.jpg

i can guarantee that floyd will have it written into the contract that there can be no mma stuff or conor forfeits his purse.

So a fist fight is not a fight because they dont use other techniques? People LOVE to say how Conor would "kill Floyd in a fight", in a regular fight people dont start from the distance, Floyd could sneak a sucker punch and KO Conor just as well as Conor could kick him, or take down Floyd.
You are clueless and delusional.

How to beat a boxer: lie down on the ground...they can't hit you

Back