Would getting caught sleeping at your workplace = fired?

Put on sunglasses.
They'll never know your asleep.

This guy I worked with at a car dealership got fired because he nodded off in one of the cars at the back of the lot and for whatever reason, one of the managers went back there for something. Was like a 1 in 100 chance of getting caught and he got caught.

Should have used the praying excuse. That's a good one.

This guy I worked with at a car dealership got fired because he nodded off in one of the cars at the back of the lot and for whatever reason, one of the managers went back there for something. Was like a 1 in 100 chance of getting caught and he got caught.

Should have used the praying excuse. That's a good one.

At a local factory, they screwed up the build on some trusses and the manager was using some expletives. On worker got down on his knees and started praying. The manager asked what he was doing. The worker said "I'm praying to save your soul". The manager told him he'd better start doing less praying and more working or he'd be praying for a job.

One time a co worker showed up to work drunk as fuck and high at 6 am. He was out all night. So after he clocked in he went out to his truck and fell asleep. At 9am, right before first break, he comes in like nothing happened. The boss starts yelling at him and he claims “I just got here!” In his mind it was much better to be 3 hours late rather than sleeping on the clock for 3 hours. He didn’t get fired.

I used to work as a desk clerk at a motel right after high school before going to college, and during the graveyard shift after I got all my duties done and it was late enough that I knew nobody would be coming in, I’d put my alarm on my phone and sleep for an hour or so in the back office. I didn’t do it a ton, but yeah, I’d expect to be fired if I was caught.

Last edited:
Back