Would getting caught sleeping at your workplace = fired?

Lol

I've had salesperaon at my work threaten to slit another's throat and nobody got fired

Right, but were they talking in their sleep?

Air traffic controller here. Sleep all the time on the job, it's actually pretty common, we work crazy hours.

Umm no. Can work and sleep when I want as long as my projects get done. I work from home most days, but keep office space at headquarters mostly just because I can...don’t go in much maybe once a week. Stay in school, kiddies.

Air traffic controller here. Sleep all the time on the job, it's actually pretty common, we work crazy hours.
4820702100000578-5267529-A_passenger_jet_carrying_162_people_came_within_metres_of_plungi-a-37_1515922716179.jpg

Get a job like Li'l Abner. Be a mattress tester.

I provided a couch and comfy chairs and blankets in our recreation room for staffers. If you are that tired at your desk go take a power nap and then come back. As long as you are not doing it daily or taking advantage the managers know to leave them alone.

I don't think it would be a big deal at all. One chick crawled under her desk and took a nap about a year ago and everyone laughed about it.

At my job, it is a fireable offense. You see it, you can fire them. But I’m not a dick. If I saw it, I’d tell them they could get fired today. I’d say enough to get the point across and chances are he would not do it again. But he might. Then I’d have to follow through and let the guy go.

i get a thumbs up at my horrid workplace and they know it feels to be a bitch for a corp., they now.

If someone at your work got caught sleeping, would it be an automatic termination?

Suspension?

Write up?

Verbal warning?

elly_tran_ha_fitted_white_shirt_and_glasses_1.jpg

Where i live, its like damn near impossible to get fired unless someone got stabbed or something. Its so pc these day....you have to get written up at least 3 times before you can fire someone unless its really serious.

Back in the day you would get the boot for looking at your boss the wrong way, lol. Then again, people actually took pride in shit, cause they knew theyd get canned....nowadays everyone just dicks around on their phones with little consequence. This new generation is lazy as sin i tell ya.

I used to work 5 pm-5am shift as a yard operator I fell asleep once while I was sitting on a chair ,nobody noticed until I fell forward and hit the ground ,luckily there wasn't a boss present so I didn't get in trouble.

i have slept through many shifts, I've also stayed awake and woke colleagues up, when work was needed to be done, I suppose if we all fell asleep, there would've been trouble of some kind.

Honestly depends on the job. Don't they allow naps at Google?

Fair enough. I guess a better way to put it is that sleeping at work would not be grounds for dismissal. They would probably find it funnier than anything if I got caught sleeping in my office.

:) - That makes sense. My company wouldn't fire me either. I mean we are all human. Falling asleep a few times shouldn't be grounds for getting fired IMO.

if i get caught sleeping at the office it would be called Tuesday (or wednesday or thursday, etc)

I'm in federal law enforcement and we have a strong union. I've seen some awful sleeping incidents and nothing has happened.

Back