Would Cerrone's left jab drop YOU?

All the people that are not pro fighters and answered NO are full of shit, wake up, not only cerrone,even Rhonda could kill all you with a jab :redface:

I think you can train everything except your chin. Im sure there are sherdoggers who has better chin that some ufc fighters. some people just have just glass chin

Chins are often part head movement/rolling with punches.

Anderson was thought to have an iron chin and I think that was mostly him moving away from punches. In comes Weidman throws an odd(ish) technique while silva was playing hurt and Silva's head had no where else to move to and his great chin didn't save him.

You don't see guys get dropped a lot by jabs but it happens more frequently than people might think. And I have seen a lot of guys stunned. It really is just basic physics. If enough force gets applied to chin it sends a signal that basically shuts off your brain for a few seconds. Getting a hard jab to the exact right spot in the chin will drop more people than a hard overhand to the face or temple. And some people's bodies/brains will send that signal with less force needed than perhaps on others. There really is nothing a fighter can do about it. You can workout to make your chin tougher or more durable. And don't forget the level of fighter we are talking about. I've seen friends of mine who also boxes break noses to open up huge cuts on someone in a streetlight with a jab. And those guys like me were nowhere close to becoming pro. These UFC fighters don't all have the skills to be pro boxers or the hand-speed or the accuracy. But I bet you almost all the good strikers that work on their jab can hit really hard with a solid, stepping in jab. It might not have looked like much but there was some serious power behind that jab

All the people that are not pro fighters and answered NO are full of shit, wake up, not only cerrone,even Rhonda could kill all you with a jab :redface:

Idk if Ronda even knows what a jab is.

It is the punches you don't see that drop you
In this case get you in a RNC and choked out

Reminds me of every time someone spars with Mike Pyle, lol.

** Not like Cerrone meant to KO him at all. Just landed and the kid wasn't ready for it. But hey, now he gets a sweet story where he got dropped by Cerrone.

DHK laid me down a month or so ago. Was pretty happy with myself after I got my brain back together.

The Dong was that good, eh?

Chins are often part head movement/rolling with punches.

Anderson was thought to have an iron chin and I think that was mostly him moving away from punches. In comes Weidman throws an odd(ish) technique while silva was playing hurt and Silva's head had no where else to move to and his great chin didn't save him.

True, but some people still can take a punch better than other

To answer TS.. if it happened just like that, no doubt I'd be out.
A normal jab that I saw coming and with good head position, probably not.... but maybe.

I have never been hit that hard in my life, so I really have no idea. Even if I was able to eat it without being knocked out, I would probably fold regardless. I'm just too timid for striking it seems. And Cerrone is too much of a badass.

True, but some people still can take a punch better than other

Undoubtedly.

I personally have never been hurt by a head shot, I've been dropped by them and got stitches from them but none ever really hurt/dazed me. Body shots are my undoing, I fold like a blanket.

If you don't see it coming, it will drop you.

it really depends on the angle it landed.Plus it looks like a jab/slight hook combo.Cerrone steps in behind the jab making it powerful.Watch this gif kampman vs ellenberger and see how powerful short punches can be devastating when proper technique is used
5.1.gif

ceerrones iss puncingg me inm thr headd rrght noww andd i'mn sgtiill ppostiingg..

BBarrboosaza iis a pplussyy!12!!

Barboza simply has a below average chin. I'm not saying that anyone is as talented of a fighters as Barboza, but a lot of people could eat that jab for lunch in the lightweight division.

the jab dropped an elite mma fighter. it would sure as hell KO 99% of the sherdog community, me included!

wow, lots of bad asses on sherdog tn lol

all of you would get dropped with a precise stiff jab right on the buttton. Dont fool yourselves

Back