worst plot holes in movies

3 pages in and I don't think people know what a plot hole is...

what are some of the worst plot holes in films? I mean lazy writing or expectation that the audience would just be sheep and accpet whatever was told.

One i cant get out of my head is from the twilight series. In the second movie/book, one of the good vampires who knows full well that kristen stewart is a friend is unable to control himself when she cuts herself and spills one single drop of blood. One drop of blood makes him vamp out and try and tear the whole room apart to get to her so he can attack her while his family has to hold him back. YET...he is enrolled in highschool with hundreds of strangers year after year and there are no incidents. SO in this make believe world, no one ever gets a paper cut?

whatcha doin watchin twilight homie lol

Thought this was a decent one I read online:

When Morpheus and his crew rescued Neo from the Matrix, how was it possible that Neo's real self had his ear pierced?

It was a pretty eventful week; Marty's grandpa hit him with his car, his Mom is chasing him around, Marty is trying to get his dad to go out with his Mom. Marty goes to the dance with his mom, gets knocked around by Biff then George shows up & KOs Biff.
And then there is Marty playing the guitar at the dance.

Kids (besides Marty) ask parents how they ended up together and the story involves this kid that showed up out of nowhere, started hanging out with George, played crazy music then disappeared.
They might not remember what he looked exactly looked like but they're going to remember the strange kid named Calvin Klein.

They should have worked in some foreshadowing with Lorraine & Calvin; a clip of her hitting the bottle and looking through an old yearbook, muttering about "Cal being dreamy", wishing she had a better photo then show a grainy photo of him on the stage at that dance.
Then as Marty & Jennifer are leaving the house, Jennifer asks him, who is this Cal guy your Mom talks about? Marty replies, some high school crush she had. Then he goes back in time and realizes his mom has been fantasizing about him.

And it gives Marty one more thing to freak out over back in 1955 - got to make sure no one takes his photo.

Ok, that would've been awesome.

Since we're talking about vampires and Twilight, wouldn't they vamp out every time a girl had her period? I mean, it seems to me they wouldn't even need to bite people. Vampires could be used as human tampons.

They actually explain it in the books (yes, I read them, once. Unofficial requirement of the job I had at the time.) that it's "dead blood" or some crap like that.

Just watched some of Sharknado 2. Sharks can't survive out of water, so they wouldn't survive being in a tornado and thrown around everywhere. They should have made it bearnado instead.

that's the most ridiculous thing ive ever read on here. trying to explain a plot hole in a movie that's about shark/tornadoes? then you say "it should be bearnado?" everyone in here knows that bears are extremely asthmatic and tornadoes would quickly induce intense asthma attacks. :rolleyes:

In the movie spring breakers i could not understand why dude didnt take the chick who got shot in the arm to the fucking hospital. The whole movie was horrible but that part really had me thinking wtf.

Hospitals are required to report gunshot wounds to the police. Attracting the cops' attention is the last thing a petty criminal like that guy would want.

Maybe.

I would even let that go.. TRT Hendo still fights in his mid 40s. I would accept 60 year old TRT Bane attacking Gotham. But the trading floor nonsense I cannot accept
I agree, the trading floor scene was stupid. Trading would be shut down and none of that would happen.
Buying puts actually protect shares you own.
I'm guessing the plan was supposed to be manipulating the market to force Wayne to sell all his Wayne Enterprise shares: that gets Wayne Enterprises out of his hands. Combined with buying an absurd number of put options that expire worthless, so Bruce loses money there. And finally some naked options, being on the wrong end of those could wipe out the money he received from selling his Wayne Ent. shares and his other assets.
That is still a convoluted plan and doesn't make much sense. After all, an armed assault on the stock exchange is probably going to drive prices down in a panic, making puts a safety net...

Calls would be the way to go, Bane's attack would drive prices down and Bruce is on the hook to buy stocks for much more than they are worth.
And that still wouldn't work because an armed assault on the stock exchange would close down trading.

Argh, posts made me wonder why didn't the Twilight vampires burn in sunlight - I've seen the commercials and they go to school, caught a few minutes when flipping the channels and they are out during daytime - so, painting on SPF 500? No, they just "sparkle revealingly in sunshine". WTF? And apparently the sun almost never shines up there in Washington.

That isn't a plot hole just plain stupid. Now I'm mad at myself for looking that up.

I agree, the trading floor scene was stupid. Trading would be shut down and none of that would happen.
Buying puts actually protect shares you own.
I'm guessing the plan was supposed to be manipulating the market to force Wayne to sell all his Wayne Enterprise shares: that gets Wayne Enterprises out of his hands. Combined with buying an absurd number of put options that expire worthless, so Bruce loses money there. And finally some naked options, being on the wrong end of those could wipe out the money he received from selling his Wayne Ent. shares and his other assets.
That is still a convoluted plan and doesn't make much sense. After all, an armed assault on the stock exchange is probably going to drive prices down in a panic, making puts a safety net...

Calls would be the way to go, Bane's attack would drive prices down and Bruce is on the hook to buy stocks for much more than they are worth.
And that still wouldn't work because an armed assault on the stock exchange would close down trading.

Yea I've gone over this in my head a bunch of different ways and it makes very little sense no matter what.

First I thought they meant Bane sold a bunch of Put Option Contracts (under Bruce Wayne's account), which were executed and put Bruce Wayne on the hook to sell his shares of Wayne enterprise and the rest of his fortune for a low price. That would have made the most sense (although it still wouldn't leave him completely penniless)... BUT Morgan Freedman definitely said "those options expired at midnight"... so that couldn't be the case otherwise Bane would have actually made money for Bruce by selling Options contracts which were never executed.

I guess what makes the most "sense" is that first Bane sold off all of Bruce Wayne's assets in his account (which is a stretch since though there was no mention of this), and then used all that cash to buy Put Options which expired and became useless, leaving Wayne with nothing. But again this obvious highly irregular activity could easily be proven fraudulent... even if the trading floor wasn't directly attacked when those trades took place.

There was just too much fail for me to handle. I would expect that kind of writing in a James Bond plot from the 1970s... not a movie from 2012 with a $300M budget :icon_sad:

Ok, that would've been awesome.

They actually explain it in the books (yes, I read them, once. Unofficial requirement of the job I had at the time.) that it's "dead blood" or some crap like that.

Was your job being a homo?

Trojan Jets?
Stupid-Movie-Mistakes.jpg

Proof of ancient aliens

Orangeguywithcoolhair.jpg

that's the most ridiculous thing ive ever read on here. trying to explain a plot hole in a movie that's about shark/tornadoes? then you say "it should be bearnado?" everyone in here knows that bears are extremely asthmatic and tornadoes would quickly induce intense asthma attacks. :rolleyes:

that guy is just dumb.

Everyone knows that in a real sharknado, the water is picked up with the shark and enough passes over the sharks gills while swirling about that it can still breath and hunt.

How the heck is a bear going to get his balance in a tornado to be able to attack. The guy has obviously never seen how unbalanced a bear looks trying to stand on a circus ball. :redface:

that guy is just dumb.

Everyone knows that in a real sharknado, the water is picked up with the shark and enough passes over the sharks gills while swirling about that it can still breath and hunt.

How the heck is a bear going to get his balance in a tornado to be able to attack. The guy has obviously never seen how unbalanced a bear looks trying to stand on a circus ball. :redface:

EXAAAAACTLY and of course factor in the bear asthma...

Santa Clause.
The adults don't think Santa Claus exists but he does and he delivers presents to kids. How come the parents don't wonder where the mystery presents come from?

Santa Clause.
The adults don't think Santa Claus exists but he does and he delivers presents to kids. How come the parents don't wonder where the mystery presents come from?

In the movie he only really drops off like one gift per house, it would be easy for parents to forget all the crap they bought their kids and just assume they bought the extra gift.

In the movie he only really drops off like one gift per house, it would be easy for parents to forget all the crap they bought their kids and just assume they bought the extra gift.

.......or not.

Once Upon a Time in America is full of them. By far one of the worst movies ever. Easily the most overrated.

Back