worst plot holes in movies

Citizen Kane - Kane died alone, so who heard him say "Rosebud"?

magic

dude u just torn apart the greatest movie ever made

just watching the end of shutter island right now and as leo is laying his dead kids down after dragging them out of the lake, the little girl is visibly moving and breathing and blinking. I mean its like a 5 second clip and she isnt anywhere close to playing dead. I then googled it and sure enough it was ranked as the #1 goof from shutter island, the fact the dead girl is clearly moving and breathing.

He let them keep the patrons money but not Vign's when he had the drop. Makes no sense.

Something that doesn't go the way you think it would in "real life" isn't a plot hole.. Something that doesn't logically allow the movie to continue on the way it does, or something that does not make sense BECAUSE of something else that happens that contradicts it, those are plot holes.

The girl in the Michael Jackson video "Thriller" being scared watching a movie she was in,? Well I guess that is something that objectively doesn't make sense, is never explained, and is a "plot hole." But there is nobody that could logically explain that making sense, so that is different from what you did. That is just a music video so nobody cares, but yeah..

Saying "this guy not killing these people because he didn't feel like it is a plot hole," well, that doesn't make any sense.. Unless later in the movie he were to say "I have killed every person that has ever tried to take anything from me," as he kills somebody else using that as the reasoning. THEN you would have a "plot hole."

Last edited:
And yes, the "All Valley" Karate tournament rules were very, very sketchy.

the ending of hunger games 2...they forgot to finish the movie.

Here is the definition for a pothole. Come on guys.

A plot hole, or plothole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that creates a paradox in the story that cannot be reconciled with any explanation. These include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

Here is the definition for a pothole. Come on guys.

A plot hole, or plothole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that creates a paradox in the story that cannot be reconciled with any explanation. These include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

A pothole is a type of failure in an asphalt pavement, caused by the presence of water in the underlying soil structure and the presence of traffic passing over the affected area.

Elysium

1) Apparently there is overpopulation, famine and hunger on Earth, so everyone lives in poverty. They eventually take over the space station, but how is that exactly going to solve all their problems? It freaking doesn't

2) Apparently people on Elysium have these med-bays that cure anything, and people on Earth can't cure shit. Yet, the Earth people are able to install a whole freaking metal skeleton in someones brain and bones but can't develop proper healing tech? If some es

I find it funny that some "plotholes" irritate people so much and yet others they let go

eagles in lotr, bane finding the armoury in tdkr, bruce wayne getting back to gotham
as well.

No one mentions the opening scene in tdkr where bane's men drives the scientist
to the CIA plane with bane, just so bane could get on board the plane to find out
what the scientist told the CIA.
- he got the answer from the scientist... who was already in his mens control
- nothing in the movie explains why the CIA guy cared about bane and his mercenaries
- why didnt the pilot detect the other plane coming and take some sort of evasive
maneuvers
- How the hell did that plane's fuselage come apart

can anyone tell me why, at the end of The Transporter. the bad guy was kidnapping his own daughter?? i just didn't understand that plot twist at all.

It was a pretty eventful week; Marty's grandpa hit him with his car, his Mom is chasing him around, Marty is trying to get his dad to go out with his Mom. Marty goes to the dance with his mom, gets knocked around by Biff then George shows up & KOs Biff.
And then there is Marty playing the guitar at the dance.

Kids (besides Marty) ask parents how they ended up together and the story involves this kid that showed up out of nowhere, started hanging out with George, played crazy music then disappeared.
They might not remember what he looked exactly looked like but they're going to remember the strange kid named Calvin Klein.

They should have worked in some foreshadowing with Lorraine & Calvin; a clip of her hitting the bottle and looking through an old yearbook, muttering about "Cal being dreamy", wishing she had a better photo then show a grainy photo of him on the stage at that dance.
Then as Marty & Jennifer are leaving the house, Jennifer asks him, who is this Cal guy your Mom talks about? Marty replies, some high school crush she had. Then he goes back in time and realizes his mom has been fantasizing about him.

And it gives Marty one more thing to freak out over back in 1955 - got to make sure no one takes his photo.

His mum was portrayed as a loose woman, a slut, back in 1955, in comparison to her present day persona. She liked Marty true, but she still met the love of her life (a more confident, successful version as well) that same week, so her teenage crush on Calvin would of been forgotten pretty much straight away. Yes Calvin looked exactly like Marty but it was 30 years between them, I can't be sure if I run into ex girlfriends if it's actually them or just some lookalike. It's not a plot hole to assume Martys parents aren't that great at facial recognition.

the first iron man where tony stark gets captured by the taliban and he builds the suit for himself in a cctv monitored cave while imprisoned to escape. a lot of comic book movie ones will appear here im guessing. any marvel film where they don't just call the hulk in to kill all the bad guys straight away etc

Because they don't want the hulk destroying the city in a tard rage after he's stopped loki. He is also easily manipulated by guys like Doom, high evolutionary, apocalypse etc. So he ends up a weapon against the avengers.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

When Indy is stepping on the letters at the end, trying to spell out God's name, he steps on J, incorrectly. When he falls through, however, he grabs onto another letter so as not to fall down. The letters he grabs onto and pulls himself up are an L and a Y, which are not in the word Iehovah, so should have collapsed too...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

When Indy is stepping on the letters at the end, trying to spell out God's name, he steps on J, incorrectly. When he falls through, however, he grabs onto another letter so as not to fall down. The letters he grabs onto and pulls himself up are an L and a Y, which are not in the word Iehovah, so should have collapsed too...

God's middle name is Larry.

His mum was portrayed as a loose woman, a slut, back in 1955, in comparison to her present day persona. She liked Marty true, but she still met the love of her life (a more confident, successful version as well) that same week, so her teenage crush on Calvin would of been forgotten pretty much straight away. Yes Calvin looked exactly like Marty but it was 30 years between them, I can't be sure if I run into ex girlfriends if it's actually them or just some lookalike. It's not a plot hole to assume Martys parents aren't that great at facial recognition.
It is more than just her having a crush on Marty.
He is the reason his parents met.
In one week - this stranger shows up - Lorraine's dad hits him with his car.
Stranger starts hanging out with George, dumping manure into Biff's care.
Tries to set up Lorraine & George.
Goes to the dance with Lorraine, the fight with Biff.
Strange kid plays wild music at the dance.
Then Calvin Klein disappears.

George wasn't doing jackshit with his life besides getting picked on by Biff and reading comics then boom, Calvin shows up and completely disrupts his life. I think he'd have some memory of the kid. Same with Lorraine, after all it is how they got together, most people remember how that happened.

The Karate Kid - Valley tournament rules ban kicks to the face, Daniel-san wins with a kick to the face.

Kicks to the face weren't illegal in the All-Valley tournament in Karate Kid. Very common ruleset in martial arts competitions - you can kick to the face, you aren't allowed to punch.

It is more than just her having a crush on Marty.
He is the reason his parents met.
In one week - this stranger shows up - Lorraine's dad hits him with his car.
Stranger starts hanging out with George, dumping manure into Biff's care.
Tries to set up Lorraine & George.
Goes to the dance with Lorraine, the fight with Biff.
Strange kid plays wild music at the dance.
Then Calvin Klein disappears.

George wasn't doing jackshit with his life besides getting picked on by Biff and reading comics then boom, Calvin shows up and completely disrupts his life. I think he'd have some memory of the kid. Same with Lorraine, after all it is how they got together, most people remember how that happened.
You would think at least George would have suspected Lorraine cheated on him with Calvin, right? Like they met for coffee in college or something. And TBF he would probably be fine with that.

Back