Word Class trainer of former number 1 p4p boxer Andre Ward explains how Mcgregor Quit

Rope-a-dope 3 rounds.. feel his power, let him waste his best shots, adjust to the awkward 'boxing' he showed.

Proceed to walk him down in a total uncharacteristic way from an older smaller man that was trying to get a finish cause its been a decade and the opponent is severely lacking. Yes he was touched more then usual but that's just the style change, not many real punches connected on Floyd that is why he felt safe to go for the finish.

Cash grab circus, we consumed the entertainment but this was a sad contest, won't be remembered well many years down the road.

Many casuals have little idea of what they saw going down and surprisingly many sherbros either.

Yea man... I feel like he threw so many pointless punches, even Floyd's kids were going "he's throwing too many punches, hes gassing himself".

If the dude could make his gas tank great for 15 minutes of a 25 minute mma fight and then the last 10 be tired but not as bad he goes he could honestly be one of the greatest.

He just seems to fold when he doesn't ko them early but he has a lot of heart and tries to stick in like he did in the second Diaz fight.
I'm a way bigger Diaz fan than I am Conor fan, but for Conor to weather those storms in round two and round 3, without having to panic wrestle and come back and edge out the 4th round which basically won him the fight. Idk I was impressed. Couldn't help but laugh when he tried to panic wrestle mayweather though haha

Virgil spitting facts like usual.
Just like Pauli said, Conor quit when the going got too tough. If you don't fight back and do nothing at all you basically tell the ref to safe you and stop the fight.

Once a quitter always a quitter. Remember how he tapped twice in 2 seconds against Nate after giving his neck and not even trying to fight the hands?

$

I wish @Alanf7 would quit sherdog.

Conor would KO a more aggressive fighter like Golovkin.

Once a quitter always a quitter. Remember how he tapped twice in 2 seconds against Nate after giving his neck and not even trying to fight the hands?

It must eat you alive that Conor outpaced Diaz in 3/5 rounds in the rematch.

Andre ward was never a legitimate p4p #1!

I'm a way bigger Diaz fan than I am Conor fan, but for Conor to weather those storms in round two and round 3, without having to panic wrestle and come back and edge out the 4th round which basically won him the fight. Idk I was impressed. Couldn't help but laugh when he tried to panic wrestle mayweather though haha
100% I remember watching it and going nuts at Diaz for doing nothing that 4th while Conor stole it.

I still don't know how Diaz lost that fight, conor was friggen spent man.

Word Class trainer of former number 1 p4p boxer Andre Ward explains how Mcgregor Quit

Why would Ward's English teacher have anything of relevance to say about boxing?

The fact Conor made such a huge song and dance about winning one round of a two round fight in which he lost and got stopped in told me everything I needed to know abnout his character. He's more of a performer than an actual fighter. He looks good while on top and leading the race, but once an actual fight starts he becomes very ragged very quickly. I genuinely believe one of the biggest reasons for his dramatic cardio dips is related to anxiety and stress rather than any real lack of physical conditioning. He just doesn't seem to be able to cope with adversity the way an actual fighter does.

Irish Edmond has to take a lot of blame for this. Throughout Conor's entire career he's fed his ego, neglected to get him real training partners for hard sparring and allowed him to tee off on an autistic, stubby armed Russian journeyman in glorified heavy bag sessions.

Last edited:
100% I remember watching it and going nuts at Diaz for doing nothing that 4th while Conor stole it.

I still don't know how Diaz lost that fight, conor was friggen spent man.
more output from Diaz in that fourth round and the fight was his. Gotta see the rubber. Strip Conor and just make that fight happen right now.

You're bragging about Conor "outpacing" him in a rematch?

Remember that time Cabo Nate choked Conor to death?

I do.

20160305102414_GettyImages513969268.JPG
[<diva2]

Yeah but he won in rematch when both fighters had full camp ... Wasnt he not supposed to touch "full camp " diaz ?

Conor would KO a more aggressive fighter like Golovkin.

GGG or Canelo are active fighters, they are younger, bigger, stronger and they have superior punching power compared to Floyd.

The skill difference will be the same if not bigger then what we saw earlier, that wasn't normal for Floyd to have that style so I will think a normal style GGG is going to look even better then the older, smaller Floyd doing something uncharacteristic for him in a very long time.

GGG and Canelo will hurt Conor very very bad, career changing if not even life changing vicious KOs.. it will be really bad and you will not see those fights unless Conor and his camp are truly delusional.

Not sure you can call getting beat up, quitting. He fought back until he couldn't. I think quitting would be him falling down or taking a knee like the NFL.

if not being able to keep your arms up due to fatigue equates to quitting, then yeah i guess so. derp.

Back