Word Class trainer of former number 1 p4p boxer Andre Ward explains how Mcgregor Quit

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Virgil spitting facts like usual.
Just like Pauli said, Conor quit when the going got too tough. If you don't fight back and do nothing at all you basically tell the ref to safe you and stop the fight.

Once a quitter always a quitter. Remember how he tapped twice in 2 seconds against Nate after giving his neck and not even trying to fight the hands?

$

These threads are tiresome.

giphy.gif

Alanf7 you're really gunning hard for Sherdog's saltiest Conor hater.

But I have been told repeatedly that Conor did great against Floyd. I am just waiting for all of the actual video footage of Conor really putting it on Floyd because I must have missed it.

I'm pretty sure the 40-50 clean shots to the face had something to do with it.

Let's face it, even Conor knew he was losing this fight. And he didn't care, the payday made winning or losing irrelevant.

Floyd let Conor throw for the first 5 rounds and once the crowd was amped enough to justify the $100 PPV cost, he pulled the trigger and wiped him out.

I watched it, it was entertaining, I knew Conor would lose but it was a fun fight even though there was never any doubt as to the outcome.

Mayweather is a showman and a shrewd businessman. It played out exactly the way he wanted it to.

Conor is the best fighter in the world with no cardio

I can't wait to hear about the Mayweather/McGregor fight for another year or so<1>

Conor is the best fighter in the world with no cardio
Man its sorta crazy how bad his cardio is for a pro, I feel like he doesn't like getting hit.

The Brock like factor.

I don't think he gave up. He got punched and got tired. If he didn't get punched or get tired he'd have won.

I'm pretty sure the 40-50 clean shots to the face had something to do with it.

Let's face it, even Conor knew he was losing this fight. And he didn't care, the payday made winning or losing irrelevant.

Floyd let Conor throw for the first 5 rounds and once the crowd was amped enough to justify the $100 PPV cost, he pulled the trigger and wiped him out.

I watched it, it was entertaining, I knew Conor would lose but it was a fun fight even though there was never any doubt as to the outcome.

Mayweather is a showman and a shrewd businessman. It played out exactly the way he wanted it to.
THE best post that has been made about this fight.

Its not surprising, I mean the thing is, Conor is very aware when it comes to not taking damage because his former team mate retired from MMA due to damage. He has talked about it a great deal and he almost quit the MMA game before he got signed with the UFC.

Often times, athletes of all sports have an invincibility mindset. Regardless if they play football or participate in combat sports. Most will not give up because their identity and self-worth is tied to their performance and a failure in character will haunt them forever.

While Conor sees himself as a businessman and a person who is more than just a fighter. He is a speaker, he is an entertainer as well. He charges people to do PPV interviews and so in a way, Conor doesn't view his self worth as a fighter but as a businessman and entertainer.

I don't think he gave up. He got punched and got tired. If he didn't get punched or get tired he'd have won.
So Mayweather should've just stood there, don't throw any punches and in that very scenerio is the only way MacNguggets wins?
the mental gymnastics to get to that point is incredible

Man its sorta crazy how bad his cardio is for a pro, I feel like he doesn't like getting hit.

The Brock like factor.
Most likely dude. It really doesn't make sense how someone could gas as hard as he does. I mean Mayweather did a good job working the body early but for him to dump that hard after 4 rounds is just insane.

So Mayweather should've just stood there, don't throw any punches and in that very scenerio is the only way MacNguggets wins?
the mental gymnastics to get to that point is incredible

It certainly would have helped Mcgregor.

I mean who else was Floyd going to be able to KO for his 50th victory? Not a boxer.

Most likely dude. It really doesn't make sense how someone could gas as hard as he does. I mean Mayweather did a good job working the body early but for him to dump that hard after 4 rounds is just insane.
Yea man... I feel like he threw so many pointless punches, even Floyd's kids were going "he's throwing too many punches, hes gassing himself".

If the dude could make his gas tank great for 15 minutes of a 25 minute mma fight and then the last 10 be tired but not as bad he goes he could honestly be one of the greatest.

He just seems to fold when he doesn't ko them early but he has a lot of heart and tries to stick in like he did in the second Diaz fight.

Back