Woodley says he'll fight Covington at UFC 230 if cleared

Why are people surprised by this? Woodley defended his title three times within the span of a year.

And then he was inactive for over a year because he couldn't get the fights he wanted.

I hope he does fight Colby at UFC 230, although that should have been the original plan. And hopefully this thumb injury doesn't prevent it. Still feel they rushed Till into that shot just to fill a PPV and ruined a much bigger fight in a year or so.

Woodley going to beat that ass
giphy.gif

hope he does and beays the shit out of Colby

Please knock the dudes head off woodley.

Today, Woodley told MMAjunkie Radio as long as a thumb injury sustained early in his win over Till gets the thumbs up from a doctor or two, he’d gladly headline the card.

“I’ve got an MRI on my thumb and I’m sending it for a second opinion,” Woodley said. “If I’m good, then I have no issue with fighting in November. The more I fight, the better rhythm I get in the swing of things. Obviously, I just fought, so I’m still in phenomenal shape. I’ve been eating pancakes, shrimp fried rice, brownies – taking a week and eating some bullcrap.

“… It all depends on how severe my thumb injury is. I dislocated it in the first round punching him in the back of the head. I thought it was just jammed.”
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/tyron...-colby-covington-at-ufc-230-if-injury-cleared

Woodley won't fight him that quickly. Not a chance. We'll be lucky to see it before next summer.

Just knock the fucker out already Woodley...

"Punching him in the back of the head"? As in, illegal strikes?

Assuming Woodley can heal up and train enough between now and then, it would be a good addition to the MSG card.

With Poirier v Diaz and Rockhold v Weidman already on it, among some other quality fights, it's probably the most lucrative card within sight for them both.

Woodley just wants to shut up one of Dana's mouth pieces and do it quickly. Dana having to put the strap around Woodley's waist after humiliating Dana's puppet is a T-Wood dream for sure. Probably a wet one.

Punch him in the white meet. Punch his white teeth. Respray his white car. Repair his white tub. White white white.

Just tape the finger and bang Colby out please.

Jesus Christ, I just rooted for Woodley. What the fuck just happened?

"Punching him in the back of the head"? As in, illegal strikes?

They're only illegal if intentionally done...strikes to the back of head happen all the time..guys trying to avoid strikes turn their head on purpose and sometimes get hit...it happens...

AND STILL......................................

The most active champion.

So everybody likes Woodley now? lol Sherdog opinion changes with the wind.

Well, it's not some huge mystery if you think about it. People disliked him for boring fights, and his fight against Till wasn't boring. People also shit on him for being relatively inactive and begging for money fights, and now he makes a statement that he would be ready to fight so soon and against an actual contender, not Conor or GSP or whoever. So he's fixing the situation himself. If he keeps this up, he might even get some real fans.

Back