Wonderboys inability to win close decisions

This post goes to exactly what I've been saying about WB, highly overrated and lacks a mma toolbox he does best against fighters who don't move well and don't offer any of those ^^^ threats. Him KOing Whittaker was more on Whittaker than anything WB did Robert made a mistake WB capitalized as he should.

That's what makes it all the more impressive and shows what a high level his specialization is. The dude seems only knowledgeable about how to stall high level grapplers. He can't do much proactively himself in terms of grappling.

It’s his personality. He doesn’t have that killer instinct. Too much of a TMA nice guy gentleman mentality. He even advocates not going full on in sparring to have longevity. Well you can’t have both. If you don’t practice your killer instinct you don’t have it in the big fight

1. Wonderboy was world champion in various Kickboxing organisations including WAKO
2. Machida was not
3.Wonderboy is a greater kicker
5. Wonderboy has no bad stylistic match-ups. Even wrestlers can't impose their own game.
6. Wonderboy has a better chin
7. Wonderboy is tougher
1. That's irrelevant.
2. Read above.
3. So is Machida.
5. Where is point 4? And yeah he does, talented strikers. Such as Brown and Till.
6. Dropped in 4 of his last 5 fights.
7. No, he's not.

If Wonderboy can't implement his primary gameplan there is no plan B....so he just coasts to a loss.

He doesn't even say the hell with it in the last round and go for broke...he just coasts on to a loss.

He's another case of fighters who are very skilled, but they get figured out, and don't evolve (so they become gatekeepers).

Idk. I still have room in my heart for another chance. The man's beating of Hendricks was unforgettable. I'm going to chalk it up to bad luck until the next one.

I've never been a massive fan though I'm #TeamKarate forever, his utter destruction of Hendricks keeping him away from another awful title fight has my eternal gratitude.

It’s his personality. He doesn’t have that killer instinct. Too much of a TMA nice guy gentleman mentality. He even advocates not going full on in sparring to have longevity. Well you can’t have both. If you don’t practice your killer instinct you don’t have it in the big fight

He has a 50% knockout to win ratio. That's not someone missing a killer instinct.

And the difference is.. When Thompson gets dropped he always comes back. Machida folds. Jones outstruck and blodied Machida before he choked him out. And that was just one fight. Machida once he's hurt is fucked.
No shame in losing to a bigger guy like jones. Machida fought bigger guys and beat them. Havent u watched weidman vs machida? U say machida folds lot ey? Huhu. Wonderboy is big in his weightclass yet cant even win a belt huhu. Im bout to cry now huhu

And your point is? Machida is not K1 elite level striking at all, so how they would hypothetically handle a kicker of Thompsons caliber is irrelevant.
Wonderboy aint a k1 level striker brah he got dropped multiple times by a wrassler. Hes just lucky that he has a very good chin

i think he just gets into mental lapses when he fights a guy that has a lot of horsepower in their strikes... he went at jorge hard who is a good fighter but isnt known for his power.. Twoodz n Till both have stopping power.. get tagged once or twice and suddenly your more cautious than ever it only gets worse in a 5rd fight.

Wonderboy aint a k1 level striker brah he got dropped multiple times by a wrassler. Hes just lucky that he has a very good chin

He doesn't need to be to beat Machida. Machida is not a better MMA fighter. They did not face the same opponents. Once Machida got figured out, he never came back. Thompson is yet to be solved.

He doesn't need to be to beat Machida. Machida is not a better MMA fighter. They did not face the same opponents. Once Machida got figured out, he never came back. Thompson is yet to be solved.
Thompson cant even win a belt dude. Seriously? At the age of 40 machida is still kicking ass.wait till thompson gets washed up. No one will remember him. Hes goin to retire with no belt. No one would even call him a legend. Sad but true.

When you fight like he does, you don't endear yourself to anyone. There are karate guys who get the job done...And then there is Wonderboy.

Also his hands blow...That doesn't help him much.

The hands that knocked out the current MW champ?

Wonderboys puroblemz lie in his inactivity. Same reason someone like Masvidal loses close decisions too

He's been fighting that style his whole life, not gonna change

Back