Wonderboys inability to win close decisions

No because Thompson can be more aggressive when there is no risk of a takedown and grappling on the ground.

Thompson would get dropped by counter straights, because Lyoto can actually use his hands effectively...<CerseiPlotting>

He just sucks at creating offense. A high level striker really should have been able to pick woodley apart, given woodley's approach in that fight. Good offenses strikers can throw combinations and defend strikes that come back. Wonderboy lacks that quality.

Lyoto is bigger/taller/longer...Elite legs can be delt with when the rest is shit.

You can't touch elite kickers. It's the equivalent of an extra reach. You can however touch an elite kicker who is passive, afraid of getting taken down. Big difference.

Last edited:
You can't touch elite kickers. It's the equivalent of an extra reach. You can however touch an elite kicker who is passive, afraid of getting takedown. Big difference.

Nice to know you've been brainwashed by your TKD brethren into believing that.

Tell me...How many of them in K1 and GLORY perform well compared to the rest of them?<CerseiPlotting>

I don't buy into the koolaid...Having trained with TKD guys when I was in FCK...I didn't buy into the hype.

Nice to know you've been brainwashed by your TKD brethren into believing that.

Tell me...How many of them in K1 and GLORY perform well compared to the rest of them?<CerseiPlotting>

I don't buy into the koolaid...Having trained with TKD guys when I was in FCK...I didn't buy into the hype.

How many of them were elite? You probably think Yair Rodriguez is elite right?

Is this developing into a psychological thing with him? It's the second time he gets "dropped" just before the end of a very close fight. He seems to draw the short straw with judges every time. Are they biased against him or is he just one unlucky fellow?

It's because he has a sh!tty style of mma fighting it's all cardio kickbox and milf self defense training. He lacks mma in his mma.

Machidas striking background is nowhere near Thompsons. Machida had one finalist spot in some shitty point tournament. Thompson is a multiple champion in FC
Wonderboy got dropped by a wrestler. Woodley has an identical fighting style like rashad. Really good wrestler with a one punch ko power. Machida made rashad look like an amateur while wonderboy got dropped by woodley.

Wonderboy got dropped by a wrestler. Woodley has an identical fighting style like rashad. Really good wrestler with a one punch ko power. Machida made rashad look like an amateur while wonderboy got dropped by woodley.

And the difference is.. When Thompson gets dropped he always comes back. Machida folds. Jones outstruck and blodied Machida before he choked him out. And that was just one fight. Machida once he's hurt is fucked.

Last edited:
And the difference is.. When Thompson gets dropped he always comes back. Machida folds. Jones outstruck and blodied Machida before he choked him out. And that was just one fight. Machida once he's hurt is fucked.
He lost to Jones? He must suck then

Machida looked good in round 1 against Jones too.

Not only that, but he didn't fold, he went to sleep.

He took a beating from Weidman then came back and busted him up late in the fight.

No because Thompson can be more aggressive when there is no risk of a takedown and grappling on the ground.

This post goes to exactly what I've been saying about WB, highly overrated and lacks a mma toolbox he does best against fighters who don't move well and don't offer any of those ^^^ threats. Him KOing Whittaker was more on Whittaker than anything WB did Robert made a mistake WB capitalized as he should.

He lost to Jones? He must suck then

Machida looked good in round 1 against Jones too.

Not only that, but he didn't fold, he went to sleep.

He took a beating from Weidman then came back and busted him up late in the fight.

He got outstruck in round 2 by a wrestler and then put to sleep.

How about Full contact champ against other strikers? When Machida faced high level striker like sam greco, he took them down

So what u are saying is ... Machida is a better overall MMA fighter than modern day Wonderboy?

Was that ur point?

Cuz we are talking MMA here right?

So what u are saying is ... Machida is a better overall MMA fighter than modern day Wonderboy?

Was that ur point?

Cuz we are talking MMA here right?

I think Thompson is a far better MMA fighter too, but that's at least debatable, the striking isn't.

Back