Wonderboys inability to win close decisions

If he were as good as people say he is, he'd be able to open up more with strikes. Guy's just stuck in his "elusive striker" loop.

If he were as good as people say he is, he'd be able to open up more with strikes. Guy's just stuck in his "elusive striker" loop.
I don't think he developed power strikes. It's all point shit. Do t get me wrong he could probably knock me out but guys at his level.....

he should have focused more on wrestling the last 6 years of his life. A few take downs and he beats Till.

Not unfair at all. Brown pressured him and removed his only way to win...Kicks. Brown was tougher, had more heart, better grappling, and better hands.

The only thing Wonderboy had going for him were kicks. Take that away and what are you left with?

This isn't Tyson and Douglas...This is a counter fighter who wasn't given room to breathe and was beaten down.

Yes it is. You based your opinion on Wonderboy on 1 fight. I have already conceded that wonderboy is indeed a one trick poney. That's precisely why his striking is better than Machida. How many guys in MMA historically have relied on their kicks and not gotten annihiliated? It's not even close.

Wonderboy is not of this world. He stands in a fucking lead leg sidekick position and is still an elite UFC fighter with no stoppage (against himself) on his record. Not even that, the guy is a fucking contender. If you had prophesied this in 1993, people would have laughed at you. Kicking bases are not supposed to work.

Not a choker per se but that's the game he plays, looks for counters which he often lands beautifully but he allows his opponents the time to figure him out and land something hard.

Yes it is. You based your opinion on Wonderboy on 1 fight. I have already conceded that wonderboy is indeed a one trick poney. That's precisely why his striking is better than Machida. How many guys in MMA historically have relied on their kicks and not gotten annihiliated? It's not even close. Wonderboy is not of this world. He stands in a fucking lead leg sidekick position and is still an elite UFC fighter with no stoppage (against himself) on his record. Not even that, the guy is a fucking contender. If you had prophesised this in 1993, people would have laughed at you. Kicking bases are not supposed to work.

So you're saying Wonderboy sucks at MMA, and it's because he sucks at MMA, that he is better than Machida?

I hope I'm not the only one having a good laugh at your lack of logic.<Dany07>

So you're saying Wonderboy sucks at MMA, and it's because he sucks at MMA, that he is better than Machida?

I hope I'm not the only one having a good laugh at your lack of logic.<Dany07>

... Sucks as in getting a draw against the division champ? And a division champ who is clearly intimidated??? An All American wrestler with confidence shoots for takedowns until he gets it against a fucking kicker who can't even spell wrestling.

... Sucks as in getting a draw against the division champ? And a division champ who is clearly intimidated??? An All American wrestler with confidence shoots for takedowns until he gets it against a fucking kicker who can't even spell wrestling.

That wrestler, who has used his wrestling far more in a defensive manner his whole career...He is the wrestling equivalent of Wonderboy. Look at his stats if you don't believe it.

Tyron is one of the weakest champs WW has ever had, and the fact that Wonderboy could not use Tyron's lack of forward movement against him shows just how limited and downright terrible he is compared to Machida...Which has been my point since the beginning...It's just gone way over your head because your reading and comprehension skills are the intellectual equivalent of a rock.

All you keep repeating is "WONDERBOY KICK GUUD, HE WONS TOURNEYS!!!"

Yet fail to mention anything of note or worth in MMA, which he hasn't transitioned his style well enough or adapted to it...Unlike Machida...

That wrestler, who has used his wrestling far more in a defensive manner his whole career...He is the wrestling equivalent of Wonderboy. Look at his stats if you don't believe it.

Tyron is one of the weakest champs WW has ever had, and the fact that Wonderboy could not use Tyron's lack of forward movement against him shows just how limited and downright terrible he is compared to Machida...Which has been my point since the beginning...It's just gone way over your head because your reading and comprehension skills are the intellectual equivalent of a rock.

Yet fail to mention anything of note or worth in MMA, which he hasn't transitioned his style well enough or adapted to it...Unlike Machida...

Thompson is criminally passive.. But he's the only striker I can look at in MMA and say unequivocally - legit, in any context.

Yeah who cares about this thing called DATA. I did not say Thompson was a better MMA fighter than Machida, I said better Karate striker. Meaning, if you put those two guys under striking rules against each other, Thompson will kick the shit out of Machida and win on points.

Too bad Machida couldn't adapt to USADA.

I don't think he developed power strikes. It's all point shit. Do t get me wrong he could probably knock me out but guys at his level.....

Just probably? So you're saying there's a chance :cool: Bet the house on dudeguyman.

It's as if he's the kicking equivalent of a finesse boxer who wins on points.

Yeah who cares about this thing called DATA. I did not say Thompson was a better MMA fighter than Machida, I said better Karate striker. Meaning, if you put those two guys under striking rules against each other, Thompson will kick the shit out of Machida and win on points.

It's not DATA, it's your fetish of Wonderboy getting in the way of seeing how terrible he actually is.

In a Karate point fight? Or GLORY?

If it's the second, I'd take that bet and feel like I was stealing from you.

• 1999 I.S.K.A Georgia State Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.S.K.A Southeast Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F South East Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Middleweight Champion
  • 2000 P.K.C National Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 U.S.A.K.B.F North American Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Light Heavyweight Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F North American Amateur Tournament Light Cruiserweight Champion
  • 2001 P.K.C National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 U.S.A.K.B.F Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2001 W.P.K.A Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.K.F Light Cruiserweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.A.K.S.A Cruiserweight World Champion
  • 2005 W.A.K.O Cruiserweight World Champion

All that means absolutely nothing...I'm talking in the ufc...who cares what he won outside of the ufc. haha

When you fight like he does, you don't endear yourself to anyone. There are karate guys who get the job done...And then there is Wonderboy.

Also his hands blow...That doesn't help him much.
Is that why everyone that faces him thinks he is the best striker they ever fought?

]
It's MMA, and it's Welterweight...Not many guys from a striking background there buddeh.

I am from a striking background. I live in Thompsons world. He is at a higher level with his kicking game than peak Machida was with his Shotokan. Thompson would kill Machida in full contact Kickboxing.

]

I am from a striking background. I live in Thompsons world. He is at a higher level with his kicking game than peak Machida was with his Shotokan. Thompson would kill Machida in full contact Kickboxing.

All Machida has to do is stand in the center and do nothing. Wins...<Dany07>

Back