Women street fighters

MacGregor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In combat sports history, has there been any female fighters who were considered fighters, not athletes? Like a Tank Abbott type personality. Not a misogynist and not saying I don't respect or want female fighters either, I do. Just not aware of any and would be interested to know about her/they if there is.

aGaNBol.gif

Cat-Fight.gif

We definitely need the female version of Tank Abbott.

Doesn't have to be like Tank, could just be a rep like Marco Ruas.

I'd let Kelly Brook send me to the shadow realm.

She has more fight in her than most men (and testosterone)

hardship.jpg

"could just be a rep like Ruas"

wow... "just"

Ruas was a great fighter who very well could have been 'king of the streets', but he didn't have a rep of proving it every sat night at the local bar like Tank. Certainly no disrespect intended toward either legend.

Ruas was a great fighter who very well could have been 'king of the streets', but he didn't have a rep of proving it every sat night at the local bar like Tank. Certainly no disrespect intended toward either legend.
He actually had a lot of street fights... And his sparring sessions in the 1980s were jus´plain hardcore, full of broken noses and stuffs, no protection, against no drunk bums.

Nuff´Said.

He actually had a lot of street fights... And his sparring sessions in the 1980s were jus´plain hardcore, full of broken noses and stuffs, no protection.

Nuff´Said.

Ok good point. I'm not clarifying right, or maybe 'just' actually was the wrong word. I always looked at Ruas as a martial artist first, even though he's king of the streets, like a standup version of Rickson, whereas Tank is a fighter who happened to wrestle. Edit, but they're still 'fighters'.

Ok good point. I'm not clarifying right, or maybe 'just' actually was the wrong word. I always looked at Ruas as a martial artist first, even though he's king of the streets, like a standup version of Rickson, whereas Tank is a fighter who happened to wrestle. Edit, but they're still 'fighters'.
There was actually a min-crisis in the 1970s Vale Tudo scene...

During the 1950s & 60s, they would settle their differences in stadiums, but then the scene weakened a lil bit in the 1970s, till the Rickson vs Rei Zulu fight in 1980.

During the early 1980s, they basically had to settle the score in the streets.

Guys like Ruas, Wallid Ismail etc had a lot of street fights, but not against drunk bums, against Black Belts.

There was actually a min-crisis in the 1970s Vale Tudo scene...

During the 1950s & 60s, they would settle their differences in stadiums, but then the scene weakened a lil bit in the 1970s, till the Rickson vs Rei Zulu fight in 1980.

During the early 1980s, they basically had to settle the score in the streets.

Guys like Ruas, Wallid Ismail etc had a lot of street fights, but not against drunk bums, against Black Belts.

Nice post. Were there any female combatants?

Nice post. Were there any female combatants?
Not that I know of... All this thing was pretty hardcore. Even in the Vale Tudo crowds, there was no woman, since these crowds were always about to riot.

Back