WME's biggest mistake has been canning Goldie

SocialJusticeFighter

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Mike Goldberg made he was a HUGE asset to the UFC and I am starting to realize how sorley he will be missed. For all the mistakes he made while commentating he made 100x more memorable call. Mike, you will be missed. The replacement guys at 208 proved that even more. I like Cormier but you just can't live up to the legend of Goldie.

Mike Goldberg was a true legend and WME made a huge mistake by firing him. I miss you, Goldie.

IT'S ALL OVER

I don't miss him in the slightest.

I agree TS. It's definitely ONE of their biggest mistakes. They've made quite a few in the short time as owners. Keeping Dana IMO was also one of their bigger mistakes.

Edited to add: I gave you a like then saw your avatar and HAD to take it back. Sorry, good post.

This thread is virtually identical to the first ten wouldn't you say ts ?

giphy.gif

<TrumpWrong1>

Goldy stinks and he never improved

He never even did PBP, instead he

chose to gargle irrelevant stats during

critical moments in every fight.

Plus, "It's all over" is one of the

stupidest catch phrases in sports.

Almost as bad as "it's time!"

Broadcast is much better without him.

I miss him as well. Goldie's goofiness was an actual charm that he brought and his one liners were always awesome. Even when Joe started going full retard Mike actually started sounding smarter of the two.

Goldie is going to Bellator. Big mistake by WME.

Your are exactly wrong.

Mike Goldberg should have been gone years ago. He was an embarrassment to the sport.

Now, who the hell will ever tell us that we can save 15% off in car insurance in 15 minutes or less?

Wme does seem to be making mistakes. Messing up a good thing. Ufc has been boring for months now. Nothing nothing is happening.

Firing Goldie was a mistake.

Jerking GSP around was another mistake. They were lucky not to pay for it as much as they might have.

Making Woodley-Thompson II and Bisping-Hendo were both mistakes.

I'm okay with Rory being allowed to walk, but not Bader. LHW is too shallow and Bader helped fill out cards.

Conor is Dana's mess.

All in all, I am not a fan of the new ownership.

And wasting 4 billion on a niche sport

I don't mind that they canned Goldie, but they pretty much replaced him with a carbon copy in Todd Grisham.

Good riddance.

Goldberg said it himself, paraphrasing: I am is like an old stinky blanket (not "good") that you're just used to, so you don't throw it away. <--- That is the mentality that Mike Goldberg "fans" were clinging to.

Goldberg was a shtty-ass commentator who was highered back when the UFC couldn't get a GOOD commentator.... and so we just bared it, 'the guy sucks, but who else we got'. The UFC should have upgraded a long time ago.

Golberg was never good. Never got better.

Last edited:
Definitely. I can now only imagine that William Morris Endeavor's aim is to purposely lose $4.2bn dollars.

Back