WME Paid $4Billion For 3 fighters, Jones's Net Value Loss for the UFC is $1.33Billion Dollars

They purchased the UFC for the long haul, not 3 short-term stars. Stars come and go. GSP/Anderson/Rampage replaced Chuck/Randy/Huges as draws. Conor/Ronda/Bones replaced GSP/Anderson/Rampage.

It's the same as any other sport. Do you think the NBA folded shop when Bird and Magic were on their way out? No, because Jordan replaced them as the big face. Kobe replaced Jordan, Lebron replaced Kobe....rinse, lather, repeat. Sports are a perpetual motion machine in creating new stars.

For someone with a 2005 join date, you should be familiar with this cycle.

They purchased the UFC for the long haul, not 3 short-term stars. Stars come and go. GSP/Anderson replaced Chuck/Randy/Huges as draws. Conor/Ronda replaced GSP/Anderson.

It's the same as any other sport. Do you think the NBA folded shop when Bird and Magic were on their way out? No, because Jordan replaced them as the big face. Kobe replaced Jordan, Lebron replaced Kobe....rinse, lather, repeat. Sports are a perpetual motion machine in creating new stars.

For someone with a 2005 join date, you should be familiar with this cycle.
name a star created by the UFC who can sell > 200k ppvs in the last 5 years who is still fighting who isnt conor

who is the last big star created by the UFC who can DRAW?

The UFC hasn't "created" any stars.

People become stars on their own. The UFC is just their platform to do so.

Before Conor people were saying the same thing you are now.

What baffles me is that forum dwellers actually think they know more than those who run multimillion/billion dollar orgs.

Wme paid 4B to renegotiate all the deals that were going to be up in the next couple of years. Fox being the major one.

The way I see it. Wme came in: buy, negotiate, flip for a profit. It's not only about numbers you do. It's about money you save by cutting costs. We know wme has been cutting costs. Only numbers that matter or net figures. The ones we don't see

Things are going so bad for wme that they decided to give the fertittas more money.
yeah...no they lost Ronda and Jones Conor may not come back shitty deal not gonna get better they are fucked

so in 45 years they will make there money back great lol

That is now how business works lol
UFC is an asset
Just last month shares are selling at a $5b evaluation.
Also, as I mentioned WME also went up 15% largely due to having UFC in their portfolio & WME investors re-invested $1.1b into WME.
That is with WME owning less than 50% of shares.

EDIT - I originally type $2.2b - no idea why. My apology

Last edited:

lol, yes. Nice non-argument.

Before Conor:
UFC IS DYING, NO MORE STARS, NO ONE DRAWS

Post Conor:

They've done their biggest PPV numbers in the past few years. Conor has set a blue print of sorts. There will be more stars in the future than ever, but ultimately there can only be a few at a time in MMA. Hence the word "star"

What baffles me is that forum dwellers actually think they know more than those who run multimillion/billion dollar orgs.

Wme paid 4B to renegotiate all the deals that were going to be up in the next couple of years. Fox being the major one.

The way I see it. Wme came in: buy, negotiate, flip for a profit. It's not only about numbers you do. It's about money you save by cutting costs. We know wme has been cutting costs. Only numbers that matter or net figures. The ones we don't see

Things are going so bad for wme that they decided to give the fertittas more money.

Those numbers come out because they have to file
We see the yearlies eventually.

That is now how business works lol
UFC is an asset
Just last month shares are selling at a $5b evaluation.
Also, as I mentioned WME also went up 15% largely due to having UFC in their portfolio & WME investors re-invested $2.2b into WME.
That is with WME owning less than 50% of shares.

lol still avoiding the debt subject, dummy.

It doesn't change the fact that they are offering a product that literally anyone could offer. The only thing trademarked is their brand. The brand does 300-400 thousands buys (if they're lucky), and the stars do 850,000-1,600,000. If anything happens to upset the way the fighter contracts work, they could be severely screwed.

lol, yes. Nice non-argument.

Before Conor:

Post Conor:

They've done their biggest PPV numbers in the past few years. Conor has set a blue print of sorts. There will be more stars in the future than ever, but ultimately there can only be a few at a time in MMA. Hence the word "star"
<TrumpWrong1>

100mil is not even close to the interest paid on the 4Billion loan, notice how you didnt factor debt into your simplistic equation

That is reality;)

Newb talking out his ass... Go study for your finance 101 exam and quit posting rubbish on Sherdog.

You think WME went to a bank and took out a loan? Dummy.

Newb talking out his ass... Go study for your finance 101 exam and quit posting rubbish on Sherdog.

You think WME went to a bank and took out a loan? Dummy.
I'm just dumbing the numbers down so you can grasp them

name a star created by the UFC who can sell > 200k ppvs in the last 5 years who is still fighting who isnt conor

Until he shit the bed, Sage Northcutt. Rumble, Cormier, and Stipe can all move 200k. Cody has a chance to build some popularity, as does Tony Furgeson if he ever gets a fight and beats McGregor. Who knows what's around the corner.

Nobody could have predicted Ronda and Conor's popularity, particularly the latter. He went from a practical nobody to the sport's biggest star seemingly overnight.

This business stuff is way over your head.

Newer reports are saying that it's getting into the trillions.

Back