Wing Chun in MMA

Wing TSUN as a pure form in mma is useless. But there is a guy in my town that teaches WT and he is a blue belt under Roger Gracie in BJJ and he has done a few MMA fights. And i saw him chained Punche this geezer silly like 20 punches a second. He said he just takes wot is usefull in WT for MMA and discards wot would not be affective.

There are some guys like Emin Boztepie who are pussys and never do MMA and bad mouth the sport by saying its Barbaric. Emin was called out by the Gracies to fight in UFC 1 but Emin declined. The Gracies said he was a pussy. Then Emin said he would fight them in a no rules to the death fight. If he was soo good he could beat them without killing them. True? i dont think so.

Some years ago a dainish fight called Lars Besard who is a very good MMA fighter offered Emin out and Emin said the same thing.

yeah but as 'anti grappling' usually involves grappling your way out of a grapple by grappling...its actually just grappling. 'anti-grappling', imo, is just something the traditional schools came up with to counter the popularity of the grappling schools, which were drainingtheir students and cash flow.

which i think is a good thing. i'm astounded that people still take cma seriously.

AND

i quote this from an above post:

You can definetly use wing chun in mma. Its just that the kung fu practisiontors dont beleive much in the combat sports and feel its not the point of martial arts.

What?! what is the point of martial arts then? wearing funny uniforms and practicing being obsequious? going on endlessly about bruce lee and/or lineage, and how everything you see on video where some wing chun guy is getting slapped is not the 'real' wing chun that you poractice, with its too-deadly-for-sparring moves.

tinker_190 said:
The last Wing Chun practioner I saw in the UFC was taken down very easily. The way he stood didn't seem to allow much in terms of footwork, IMO.

I really don't know much about wing chun but just when you talk about footwork, if i were a good kung fu practicioner I would modify the footwork and add some to make it work, Look at bjj, how that formed you can always take a marital art and modify it to work well.

feedback said:
no no no no no dear god no there is no such thing as "anti-grappling", only grappling. Gutierrez is good at what he does, (wing chun) but as soon as you started your eye-raking spine-elbowing cooperative demo-ing it's embarrassing.

Ok, What Gutierrez calls "anti-grappling" is what MMA people call takedown defence... I think some of you are thinking of something else. What Gutierrez does involves knees and kicks to the head and shoulders plus some of the things I'm learning in Ju Jutsu right now. It's not "traditional", and it actually involves quite a lot of G'n'P...

So he teaches a wrestling sprawl and it becomes part of wing chun

feedback said:
Wing Chun couldn't work because it's a disease that destroys the rational thought of it's practitioners.
:rolleyes: You sir have no idea what you are talking about.

use wing chun to help your MMA but dont use it solely

could wc be usefull? yes are there better more time efficent options? FUCK YEA

blanko said:
anti grappling is as logical as anti striking.

Ummm... a lot of fighters use a strategy like this.

For example, Chuck Liddell uses his good take down defense to keep a fight standing, so he can drop the hammer and knock guys out.

Another example of anti striking might be early Royce Gracie. He wouldn't stand and fight, unless it helped him get a fight to the ground.

First off lets all get one thing straight Wing Chun is kill you shit,when take as a form of self defense. Its all about balance. I good fighter should be able to through aspects in of it at somtime in a fight.

tinker_190 said:

For example, Chuck Liddell uses his good take down defense to keep a fight standing, so he can drop the hammer and knock guys out.

Another example of anti striking might be early Royce Gracie. He wouldn't stand and fight, unless it helped him get a fight to the ground.

That's not what he's talking about. Anti-grappling=grappling. Some TMA guys don't seem to realize this.

tinker_190 said:

chuck liddel has good takedown defence because he was a former d-1 wrestler. He uses his WRESTING ablilties to keep the fight standing..

Jaxx said:
Where was the traditional WC in that clip??
That's Weng Chun. And the kicks, chain strikes, stance, the throw, the kwai ma... all elements of Weng Chun.
Here's the explanation from the coach:

Let me try to explain in my bad "german-english" why this is a beautiful
example for weng chun application:

In the beginning of the fight, F

Dude buzz you suck *** go home and read a book or two on it you fuckin fuck.

seanpaul81 said:
Dude buzz you suck *** go home and read a book or two on it you fuckin fuck.
Who let you out of the MMA forum?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back