Will we ever see Ben Askren in the UFC

Hopefully never. He wouldn't even be top 20. Asken - Jon Fitch would be the perfect cure for insomnia.

oh god I hope not

Nope. Ben has declined a bit; he isn't going to give the UFC the satisfaction of joining them after he has peaked.

The fact that Ben is drug free (i assume) means he can't fight at a high level until nearly 40 years old like we see from most fighters now days.

With the Ferritas the chance was slim.

Now with the WME guys it never will happen.

I think a guy in the position that Dana has should have a thicker skin, be more professional and follow what he promised: hiring the best of the best.
That's a whole different thread and topic

If we wanna jump on the "he didn't do what he promised" train, there's way bigger issues than funky Ben

King of the cans. Not even a can crusher because he struggles against them. His last fight was hilarious, he kept trying to throw kicks and falling over. He isn't nor ever was good enough to compete at the highest level.

Completely dominated Lima and Koreshkov, who are easily good enough to compete at the highest level.

I see askren has a sherdog account...

BTW TS, why should they sign a boring fighter with no fan base?

Signing with ONE was a career killing move. He's fought three times against guys no one has ever heard of and looked bad against the steroid freak he had the NC with.

He's 32 now and stuck in that org, never fights and when he does its against opponents that don't raise his stock value.

King of the cans. Not even a can crusher because he struggles against them. His last fight was hilarious, he kept trying to throw kicks and falling over. He isn't nor ever was good enough to compete at the highest level.

koreshkov beat bendo

askren FUCKING HUMILIATED koreshkov. did you ever watch that fight? im curious. its one of the most painful spectacles to watch, askren was playing around with koreshkov to an intensely embarassing extent.

does he kick as good as our lhw champ?

mir+smug+face+cormier+kick.gif

He needs to stop ducking Luis Santos. Also he hasnt fought in a year. He's wasting his prime.

koreshkov beat bendo

askren FUCKING HUMILIATED koreshkov.

Big deal, he beat Koreshkev who nobody would have heard of unless he beat Bendo. Even though Bendo was past his best and fighting up a weight class. The fact that this type of MMAth gymnastics has to be played to somehow extract some kind of legitimacy out of Askren's career is the hilarious part.

Sergio Ponzinibbio could beat this Koreshnikov on the prelims of 'UFC Fight Night: Saskatoon' and nobody would give a shit about Sergio Ponzinibbio.

I can just see the epitaph on Askren's gravestone "The great Ben Askren, he once beat a guy who would later beat a once-relevant fighter from a lower weight class".

He gets paid really well in ONE FC, 100k per fight. For him going to the UFC would be a pay cut. I can't see UFC offering 100k since most casuals don't know him and he doesn't have any big wins. ONE FC pays him that much because they can't afford to lose any semi-big names. So unless UFC matches what he is getting paid now I can't see Askren fighting for them. However, I can see him fighting in Bellator once his contact runs out, Bellator is a lot more willing to pay any free agent enough money to keep a fighter away form the UFC

Last edited:
I think GSP will fight him eventually.

Makes more sense to have him in Bellator with Rory & others, as well as his association with Chael.

Fuck Balda White for not putting this guy in the UFC. Fucking Artem is in the UFC but Askren is out...
I need to see this dude in the UFC.
Askren's a talentless joke. He trains with the best Thai instructors and world champs and his stand-up is still worse than Khabib... he should stay in Singapore crushing lil' Asian cans.

Yeah, Ben Askren has no idea what he's doing inside an MMA ring/cage. "rolls eyes". Only the UFC nuthuggers would actually dismiss this guy's talents. B/c, ya know, fantastic wrestling and a much improved standup game gets you know where in MMA these days. lol. As your dad used to say, go lay down will ya.

Who in the UFC at 170 would beat Askren? Neither of the two that just fought for the title, I'd put money on that.

oh god I hope not
Come on man, MMA is not only striking. Askren has talent and skill. Dude is amazing at one of the main skills when it comes to MMA.
I think people should appreciate all type of fighters. I can appreciate Paul Felder and Askren at the same time.

He needs to stop ducking Luis Santos. Also he hasnt fought in a year. He's wasting his prime.

Not sure if serious. Santos did everything he could to avoid the rematch and is just trying to live off those first two minutes.

He was visibly fading after 2 minutes and was about receive a hellacious beating.

Askren-Koreshkov was probably the most one-sided title fight ever.

Back