Will we ever see Ben Askren in the UFC

Big deal, he beat Koreshkev who nobody would have heard of unless he beat Bendo. Even though Bendo was past his best and fighting up a weight class. The fact that this type of MMAth gymnastics has to be played to somehow extract some kind of legitimacy out of Askren's career is the hilarious part.

Sergio Ponzinibbio could beat this Koreshnikov on the prelims of 'UFC Fight Night: Saskatoon' and nobody would give a shit about Sergio Ponzinibbio.

I can just see the epitaph on Askren's gravestone "The great Ben Askren, he once beat a guy who would later beat a once-relevant fighter from a lower weight class".

his epitaph would probably mention wrestling in the olympics, being wrestling coach at roufusport, and being champ in two organisations. it would have this pic on it, too

tumblr_lyoh5kAH5X1rnpheko1_500.jpg

Come on man, MMA is not only striking. Askren has talent and skill. Dude is amazing at one of the main skills when it comes to MMA.
I think people should appreciate all type of fighters. I can appreciate Paul Felder and Askren at the same time.
Askren is boring as fuck man, watching someone wrestle for 15 or 25 mins isnt my thing

Fuck Balda White for not putting this guy in the UFC. Fucking Artem is in the UFC but Askren is out...
I need to see this dude in the UFC.

You realize they let two bigger talents at WW both with title implications walk in Rory and Larkin because the UFC are that cheap. Askren would be a nice addition to the UFC but he will never be signed.

I kind of understand the UFC with Askren because its very difficult to tell how he would do in the UFC. Could be great (I dont think he has the talent to get a title) or not at all.

dana had personal beef with him
Ben is from right down the road from me if there's a beef it's probably on Ben, he is a grade A asshole. I know you want hate Dana with all your little heart but not everything is his fault.

It will never happen. Ben had his chance and he blew it. He wouldn't take the hint and go to WSOF. Now that an entertainment company with a big bill to pay owns the UFC they will never sign someone with his style.

I've been a fan of Askren since his Missouri days. Damn he was good! One of the best, if not the best, folkstyle wrestlers I've ever seen. He was truly amazing. But when it comes to his MMA career, I gotta say it's quite disappointing.

I mean, he's a good MMA fighter, he's got the wrestling game to put anyone on their ass and at one point of his career he could compete at the highest level and everything. But the fact is, outside of Lima, Koreshkov and Hieron, he never faced guys of his caliber.

It's a shame because he's so fucking talented and could have done so much more. I know he didn't develop a striking game and was purely a grappler, but he's a hell of a grappler. His takedowns, scrambles and positional control are really something special. But it is what it is. I'm sure Ben is satisfied being rich, a NCAA D-1 legend and undefeated in MMA.

I doubt it. It also doesn't help how he having difficulty against santos before the eye poke. I really don't see him as a threat at WW in the UFC, although may give some contenders trouble due to his superior wrestling.

I think Ben is most likely winding down his MMA career. He's been inactive, fighting just once a year in 2015 & 16.

His wrestling academy has three locations and he can teach privates all over the world for the rest of his life.

No doubt he would sign with the UFC and make a title run if they would pay him, but they won't. Its unlikely they would make any offer, but if they did, it would be for peanuts. Not going to happen.

He makes good money fighting cans in One FC and doesn't have USADA testing. Life is good for Askren.

I'm just sad he's been so inactive since leaving Bellator.

Askren has too much pride to do what needs to be done. he wont bow down to Dana, and Dana is not the type to bury the hatchet over a glorified anti-excitement lay and prayer.

I'm not saying thats what Askren actually is. Hes extremely skilled and I badly want him in the UFC. But he doesnt draw fans and has talked shit to Dana. Its never happening. Ever.

I will never forgive Dana for not signing him when he had the chance... We'll be robbed as MMA fans if we never see the Funky one step foot inside the octagon.

I will never forgive Dana for not signing him when he had the chance... We'll be robbed as MMA fans if we never see the Funky one step foot inside the octagon.
Truth man

No because he's content with fighting in a third tier organization and focusing more on his post-fighting career.

the guy is so broke he was trying to sell me Ray Ban sunglasses on twitter

<{MingNope}>

Last edited:
No, he will never expose himself. He would rather shit in the minors telling everyone how he Woukd roll throw the UFC than go there and get his shit pushed in.

Fuck Balda White for not putting this guy in the UFC. Fucking Artem is in the UFC but Askren is out...
I need to see this dude in the UFC.
He's boring and talks shit. Why would the UFC sign him?

Askren should have joined the UFC years and years ago. Him and Dana never got along tho.

GSP > Askren all day tho.

Back