Will we ever see Ben Askren in the UFC

bigpunch

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fuck Balda White for not putting this guy in the UFC. Fucking Artem is in the UFC but Askren is out...
I need to see this dude in the UFC.

Unless he starts kissing some serious asshole, I doubt it.

Would love to see it but I seriously doubt it ever happens. He's making 6 figures a fight at ONE and has a lot of other pretty big business deals going on with Evolve and other gyms/businesses kind of centered around ONE.

Fuck Balda White for not putting this guy in the UFC. Fucking Artem is in the UFC but Askren is out...
I need to see this dude in the UFC.
Stop blaming Dana for everything you feel is wrong, it's not all his fault. It takes two to tango.

He'd have to change his style. Fair characterization or not, Ben Askren is the poster boy for LnP. ;)

Funky is doing fine outside the UFC... he has a good contract with OneFC, and I believe has his own sponsorship deals as well.. to be frank, if he joins a new organization, I think returning to Bellator would make a lot of sense. The WW division is rejuvenated with a much deeper talent roster, enough that I think it would be fair to give a pretty accurate gauge of where Askren sits among the 170 world.

While I am sure Ben is a good fighter, he has never really taken on any top talent. His game has evolved in recent years, but the Jay Hieron fight showcased him as a fairly limited dimension fighter... Askren was also having problems with the unranked Luis Santos, before Santos got DQ'ed for the eye poke. Not bashing Funky, but being somewhat realistic...

I don't think he has any interest in fighting top competition. Haven't seen anything from him that indicates that he does, seems perfectly content fighting guys nobody has heard off.

King of the cans. Not even a can crusher because he struggles against them. His last fight was hilarious, he kept trying to throw kicks and falling over. He isn't nor ever was good enough to compete at the highest level.

dana had personal beef with him
And you don't blame Ben? He's talked a bunch of shit to Dana and about the UFC, you think he expected to get in the organization with behavior like that? He did everything he could to piss people off so he wouldn't get signed.

Bellator didn't even wanna keep him while he held their belt, yet they signed Phil Davis and let him become a champ...let that sink in for a minute

Before this thread, when's the last time we even heard his name in the last few years?

And you don't blame Ben? He's talked a bunch of shit to Dana and about the UFC, you think he expected to get in the organization with behavior like that? He did everything he could to piss people off so he wouldn't get signed.

Bellator didn't even wanna keep him while he held their belt, yet they signed Phil Davis and let him become a champ...let that sink in for a minute

Before this thread, when's the last time we even heard his name in the last few years?
I think a guy in the position that Dana has should have a thicker skin, be more professional and follow what he promised: hiring the best of the best.

Askren told Dana he would fight GSP for free. The UFC was scared of a wrestler coming in and decisioning all of their prime talent in WW. I think they're still scared.

Back