Will Masvidal punish Wonderboys kicks like he did Cowboys?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cerrone has never been countered so bad in his career with his kicks, it was truely masterful how Jorge adapted to Cowboys lead kicks and finished him twice with the same counter.

You think he will think of something similair for WB? A lead switck kick counter is easier to perform than a counter for example Wb's signature side and spinning back kick.

Cerrone has never been countered so bad in his career with his kicks, it was truely masterful how Jorge adapted to Cowboys lead kicks and finished him twice with the same counter.

You think he will think of something similair for WB? A lead switck kick counter is easier to perform than a counter for example Wb's signature side and spinning back kick.

Might be very well the case, but mostly I think he'll rely on heavy counter-punching Woodley style.

Wonderboy's gonna fuck shit up. He'll dominate and get a first rd KO <{JustBleed}>

This fight should be a hell of a lot better than WonderBoy vs Tyron was.

don´t compare cerrone to WB

i got WB by head kick KO

Masvidal will taunt him and talk $hit to his face though.

So it WILL be slightly better.

Yeah, maybe. It's hard for me to get excited for a masvidal fight because he has a bad habit of winning one round, and then coasting for the rest of the fight. He seems to be increasing his aggression though, so I'm hoping for the best.

Yeah, maybe. It's hard for me to get excited for a masvidal fight because he has a bad habit of winning one round, and then coasting for the rest of the fight. He seems to be increasing his aggression though, so I'm hoping for the best.

He told it himself, he used to be so sure he's winning, that he's cruising with too much ease.
Also, I think his KO power he gained at WW helps him with that.

I don't think anyone does it.
Completely different fighters, completely different styles.
TS seems to compare them in the OP

it seems that what masvidal did to cerrone could be translated into WB?

i disagree

TS seems to compare them in the OP

it seems that what masvidal did to cerrone could be translated into WB?

i disagree

Ah, he only talked about kicks.
In any way, Wonderboy will need different approach. Woodley approach.
And Masvidal is capable of doing just that.

Ah, he only talked about kicks.
In any way, Wonderboy will need different approach. Woodley approach.
And Masvidal is capable of doing just that.
IDK if woodley approach since Masvidal will more likely engage directly. therefore he should be more free to exploit his striking game

the TD menace from Woodly is far more dangerous than Jorge´s IMO

can´t wait for the fight, excellent matchup

I think we all might end up disappointed. Think wonderboy keeps distance and out of boxing range and masvidal has some success but low output. Thompson via 29-28 decision.

Really hope I’m wrong and we get a good striking match. Rooting for Masvidal, no interest in Woodly v wonderboy 3

IDK if woodley approach since Masvidal will more likely engage directly. therefore he should be more free to exploit his striking game

the TD menace from Woodly is far more dangerous than Jorge´s IMO

can´t wait for the fight, excellent matchup

lately Masvidals been more apt to engage but he's definitely made a career out of being a counter striker. He's been pretty notorious for coasting. Gamebred actually a pretty smart fighter and I dont think its too likely we'll see him go right at a crazy striker like WB. It's really gonna depend on which version of these guys show up. Very well may end up a chess match, hype for this one tho.

I think Wondertoy is getting knocked clean out in this one. Jorge gonna grab that grasshopper knee and come flying over the top with an overhand right from Cuba, fresh off the boat.

The question is who will take the risk & open up first? Both fighters are excellent counter strikers. My guess is the fight will be stalemate & a split decision will go to Jorge.

Back