Will Francis Ngannou ever win the HW title?

Does Ngannou ever become champion?

• Total voters
Source on the Judo? I read his wiki and it had nothing and there was just a story about him walking into an MMA gym 3-4 years ago homeless and knowing absolutely nothing about MMA.
Don't have a source, like I said just something I heard. He is basically a raw piece of clay but I really think he has a chance to go far.

I hate "not sure/too early to tell" options. Just throwing away votes. 58% were too scared to offer an opinion.

I haven't seen anything particularly special about him to vote "yes". He's a big powerful guy with potential but he'd need to be more than that to be worthy of a "yes" vote.

I don't think you're aware of what a journeyman is.

You have no idea what a journeyman is. He's got 9 professional fights. He's a prospect, and a good one at that. One of the younger HWs on the roster with all the physical tools to be great if his skills develop.
It was meant as that's all he's going to be, a journeyman, not champion.

The guy is 30 years old. If he can develop world class skills that fast it'll be a miracle. It'd also be a miracle if all other top 10 guys+Jon Jones retire before him and no other legit HW's come along.

The HW div would be dead if this guy were to be champ.

The HW division is so thin I think he's got a shot. The Stipe is the youngest of the top contenders and he's definitely not invincible. Everybody else is either old or injury prone (Cain).

JDS is younger than Stipe.

The guy is 30 years old. If he can develop world class skills that fast it'll be a miracle. It'd also be a miracle if all other top 10 guys+Jon Jones retire before him and no other legit HW's come along.

30 is really young for a HW

He has been looking great, and is one of my favorite heavyweights. I think he'll get the belt at some point. If you think about it, he could get a title shot with just 2 more impressive wins and just one if something extraordinary happens, like an short notice replacement.

30 is really young for a HW
In HW years it's sweet 16. This guy also has few fights and has taken no damage. A lot of tread left on those tires.

Too early... He's not really fighting anyone notable yet. & I think he was taken down in his fight before this last one.

Curtis blaydes is a great wrestler and a hell of a fighter as well. No shame in that.
That was s hell of a fight between 2good prospects.

I think it's pretty easy to tell this guy will go far

He has only been fighting pro for under three years, the guy has plenty of time to grow and is a fast learner. It's a bit early to tell but you're selling him way too short to say all he will ever be is a journeyman. He is one of the few prospects at HW so it's exciting.

The Predator vs Cain

Let's find out if he's legit or not. Winner gets next title shot. A win over Cain warrants a title shot, and if Cain wins that's 2 in a row since losing the belt.

I'm with the majority here, way to early to tell. I'd like a tougher matchup for him next, then we'll see.

He has only been fighting pro for under three years, the guy has plenty of time to grow and is a fast learner. It's a bit early to tell but you're selling him way too short to say all he will ever be is a journeyman. He is one of the few prospects at HW so it's exciting.

Things don't always carry on the way they have been going. Just because he's been improving quickly thus far doesn't mean he will continue to improve at that speed in the future. I'm far from sold on him.

The HW division is so thin I think he's got a shot. The Stipe is the youngest of the top contenders and he's definitely not invincible. Everybody else is either old or injury prone (Cain).

I don't think he's likely to become a dominant force at HW due to the lack of a strong base in any one area but one thing I do see at HW right now is that a lot of the guys at the top seem like they could be vulnerable to a fast powerful fighter like him although obviously its still early days.

The big issue will I'd guess be how he reacts if/when he does lose, Brett Rogers you could argue showed a similar skill set yet he totally imploded when he lost.

Isn't junior college wrestling for guys not good enough for NCAA?

No not necessarily.I don't know alot about his past but I know alot of athletes don't have the grades for division 1. Cam Newton was at a jr. College before his year at auburn

In the NFL draft a division 2 qb was the number 2 pick in the draft this year.

I'm going off of his mma fights and look forward to seeing him again.

Why not?

Of course he has to improve in every areas. I hope the UFC will give hime the time to build himself up.

Time is on his side, he's only 29.

I really think he will and him and Curtis Blaydes will have a good trilogy

He's a talented fighter, but i don't think he could beat a Top#10 right now. Maybe Browne who is in a bad streak atm. He has KO power, but he's kind of slow. I like how the UFC lets him grow, but eventually he will be sacrificed to a better fighter, that's the game.

Back