• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Francis Ngannou ever win the HW title?

Does Ngannou ever become champion?

• Total voters
I hope so a big black dude being the so called "baddest man on the planet" would be neat

giphy.gif

Tim Sylvia was heavyweight champion once so anything is possible

He's fought nothing but unranked nobodies...How the fuck can we gauge his success from that...
Changing my answer to yes...

He's moving up nicely, obviously a talented fighter, probably top 15 now but there's still a long way from where he is to the belt.

Nah. His striking while super powerful is pretty sloppy..

So uh.... I'm not a fan of Woodley and I don't agree with his opinions about racism...

But lets just say,I know why you think that way.

And if you actually watch any Ngannou fight in UFC, you can see that you are clearly wrong.

I have yet to see him throw a punch so I had to vote 'too early' haha.

I'll have to catch his previous bouts but I was very impressed with his 1st round sub against Hamilton.

I went too early as it is too early but with the HWs he could fight Stipe next fight and win and I wouldn't be at all surprised.

So uh.... I'm not a fan of Woodley and I don't agree with his opinions about racism...

But lets just say,I know why you think that way.

And if you actually watch any Ngannou fight in UFC, you can see that you are clearly wrong.

lol what? I think you just don't understand striking technique. Dude throws his punches from the hip and often swings wildly. He also has his hands low and stands straight up. I actually like Francis and would be happy to see him do well.

Give him Roy or BB, that will tell you what he is made of. If he loses, he needs much work to get back up. If he wins, and wins convincingly...You have got yourself a possible contender.

He should. I was skeptical that Dana would even try because Minakov is fighting for M-1 but they just signed Volkov from there and Minakov has said he wants to fight in the UFC.

Apparently he was locked into a 3 year contract with Bellator, which expired, but they forced another year on him because he was an active champion. According to him he will sign with the UFC the very day his contract is up.

Nice! He'll be right in the mix at the top

lol what? I think you just don't understand striking technique. Dude throws his punches from the hip and often swings wildly. He also has his hands low and stands straight up. I actually like Francis and would be happy to see him do well.

Do you even watch UFC HW fights? Compared to most unranked fighters, how can you say Ngannou's striking is sloppy?

No, he is good, but the top 5 of HW are much different compared to the bottom half. Overeem, JDS, Cain, Stipe and Werdum (I think) all beat him.

Nope, he has nothing on Cigano, Miocic, healthy Cain or Werdum

Back