Will Francis Ngannou ever win the HW title?

Does Ngannou ever become champion?

• Total voters
Is this a joke?

If he wins the title at some point, it'd be because all current top 10 HW's will be retired and no other legit mixed martial artist comes along to the HW div. But if that were to happen, Jon Jones would just move up and take the belt.

So no, he's just a journeyman with KO power.

I don't think you're aware of what a journeyman is.

The guy is on a roll lately. A devastating KO in his debut, a win over another decent prospect in Blaydes and another stoppage win tonight. However, we've yet to see him against anyone even in the top ~15. He's very young for a HW at age 29, but does he have the tools to win the title?

He's young compared to the current roster.......but the roster of champs and potential champs only a couple years ago were his age or even younger.

I think he will be relegated to below top 10 if he ever gets the chance to face a guy up there.

i-dunno-lol_1_.jpg

Too early to tell but his future is bright. He already has a head start on the division being under 30 & not fat.

I actually believe sometime soon he'll be matched up against Roy Nelson, he has become a bit of a punchbag after all.

I don't think he's technically that good (yet). He's just very strong and looks promising and marketable.

I believe they well keep feeding cans to him and building his brand, and when the time comes he well be sacrificed to someone good who'll exploit his weaknesses and beat him quite easily.

Not a chance at this moment, he has faced no one of note, I would love to see him face Rothwell or the black beast because those fights would show us where he truly is.

Probably another Kongo. Big black dude with nothing much to offer on the ground. Of course I could be wrong.....

He'll fight some contenders and holes in his game will appear with tougher competition.

Kongo's top game was his best asset. Rudimentary compared to other divisions but decent vs HWs because the division is so weak.

Sooner or later he could find a Schwarzenegger in the jungle of the HW Division, I'm not questioning that.
But I'm enjoying the evolution of the Predator.
Footwork and clinch

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Probably.

He beat Curt Blaydes, a decent no name fighter, I think also Stipes training partner?

Guy has ok stamina and tdd so should be decent

Hell YES. its pretty much a foregone conclusion he will be.. because of his age, and there is no one else. the rest are much older. He will be champ at some point. War Ngannou!!! he is a special talent.

he's going to win the ww/mw/lhw/hw titles and become the goat down the road.
he is ko'ing hw fighters as a tiny 159lb ww. in a few years, his body will fill up and you will see the true greatness.
ngannou.jpg

Too early. He's got a lot of potential, but any prediction would just be a shot in the dark.

Voted too early to tell.

But the guy has potential for sure. Hope to see him get a step up soon. Maybe Nelson or something.

The guy is on a roll lately. A devastating KO in his debut, a win over another decent prospect in Blaydes and another stoppage win tonight. However, we've yet to see him against anyone even in the top ~15. He's very young for a HW at age 29, but does he have the tools to win the title?
Yes. It's when, not if. More than his enormous physical gifts, he has unbelievable composure for a guy so green. His poise is a natural gift you can't teach. Unlike Struve he already has use of his reach advantage and he patiently picks his shots despite having the stopping power of a 50 cal.

@Arm Barbarian said it, dude is a genetic freak and a smashing machine. Francis NGOATNOU is here to stay.

Too early... He's not really fighting anyone notable yet. & I think he was taken down in his fight before this last one.
He was but he got right back to his feet. Blaydes is a decorated wrestler and was only 2 for 6 on his TD attempts. He also did nothing with Francis when he got him there. Ngannou was actually taken down more easily in his debut against Henrique, so he improved his TDD in a very short time. That is scary.

Last edited:
Back