Will Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira climb the ranks?

he'll never be top 5 probably.

but who isn't a fan?

he's like Bruce Leroy, he just has so much fun in there, it's contagious.

I think that's one of the biggest problems of MMA fans. We are too quick to rule out contenders as "not legit".
Yancy is an extremely tough fighter. Cowboy was beating him in the 1st and 2nd rds and lost in the 3rd. MMA is unpredictable, right?
Against Donald Cerrone, well, Donald was just the best man. Especially back then, when Cowboy was kinda fresh in the UFC.

Yeah I guess I just find it rare when a fighter 360's their careers especially now with USADA in place firmly
I like to think I have a decent grasp on fighters ceilings and I think it's justified to say Howboy is a little flakey but on a given day can knock anyone out
It's the run you have to go on to get a title shot that I think kills his chances

The only people in recent memory where if you told me years prior they would be champ that caught me out would be RDA and Lawler
I thought the pair of them were mid card for life

I can easily see him break the top 10 but I think he'll struggle with the top dogs of the division. Not unreasonable to think he could beat e.g. Masvidal, Magny and Maia which would make him a top 10 fighter.

What about the Condit fight? I remind you that he was a very late replacement when Matt Brown got injured.
What does that matter? Condit is done & his best days are gone. Put olivera in with a better opponent and he will crash .Maia would ragdoll and submit him

Looks like he worked on his bjj defense ever since Cerrone embarrased him with that triangle. He is looking strong and lethal settling into 170. I expect more great things from him.

He usually looks like a killer but sometimes he looks like a different fighter, like in his first fight against Tim Means or against Medeiros.

Great fighter, nut not top material. Will hang around in 5-10 rankings.

He's a good fighter but I don't think he'll be a title contender. Condit from around 2012-2013 would have steamrolled him.

Yeah I guess I just find it rare when a fighter 360's their careers especially now with USADA in place firmly
I like to think I have a decent grasp on fighters ceilings and I think it's justified to say Howboy is a little flakey but on a given day can knock anyone out
It's the run you have to go on to get a title shot that I think kills his chances

The only people in recent memory where if you told me years prior they would be champ that caught me out would be RDA and Lawler

Bisping?

I never miss this fucker’s fights and that’s saying a lot considering how jaded I have become to this sport.

He will forever be a champ in my eyes for that fight with Yancy. One of the craziest brawls ever.

RDA is a good example. He had a couple tough losses in the UFC and people were ready to rule him out. But then he moved to the US and started training at Kings MMA. Look where that got him.
My og argument was: Cowboy has a lot of potential, but probably needs to train at a top camp to climb up the ranks. I'm not saying he'll be champ, but I do see him in the top 10 moving fwd.

He will forever be a champ in my eyes for that fight with Yancy. One of the craziest brawls ever.

And people use that loss as an argument to say that Cowboy is flakey. That was a war! One of the craziest fights I've ever watched!

RDA is a good example. He had a couple tough losses in the UFC and people were ready to rule him out. But then he moved to the US and started training at Kings MMA. Look where that got him.
My og argument was: Cowboy has a lot of potential, but probably needs to train at a top camp to climb up the ranks. I'm not saying he'll be champ, but I do see him in the top 10 moving fwd.

Fair play

And I think the best example is robbie Lawler
Literally I thought they re signed him out of goodwill
He'd get cucked by a couple wrestlers and be gone
Oh boy

Back