Will Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira climb the ranks?

So a rich guy who owns a ranch isn't a real cowboy? Shame on you classist! :p
I know you’re teasing but on the real is Cerrones place even a ranch? I know he has acreage. But nay crop/stock?

I know you’re teasing but on the real is Cerrones place even a ranch? I know he has acreage. But nay crop/stock?
He has animals on it but they may be more like pets:

Are we even sure he is an actual cowboy? Or just a fraud.
HE'S A BIG FAT PHONY that cowboy hat comes right off.
Maybe Olivera vs Donald should be next winer earns the right to be the real Cowboy!
Regardless of how spent Carlos was they kept him ranked these last few years so Cowboy should be moving up.

I really enjoy watching this guy fight. I'm impressed with how relax he looks in the octagon. His movement is very fluid and his attacks are extremely violent. I think he'll be a force in the division once he fixes some holes in his game. Sometimes he is too aggressive for his own good and ends up giving up positions and getting reversed when he is on top. The OG Cowboy (Cerrone) used to do that too in his WEC days.
In the fight against Carlos Condit, who doesn't have the best ground game, getting reversed wasn't a big deal. But when he faces a top-heavy guy, he won't be so comfortable fighting from the bottom.

Currently he trains in Brazil at a relatively unknown camp. If he moves to the US to train at bigger teams, such as ATT or Kings MMA, his game will improve immensely and he'll sure climb the ranks.

I really enjoy watching this guy fight. I wish he would move camps.

No.

He's a fun fighter to watch but I don't see him in the top 10. He might crack top 15 but will stay on the lower end. He'll get busted up by the top 10 guys in WW for sure.

MMA math doesnt work. Shit happens. Styles make fights. Oliveira is no slouch.

It's not the style that affected the outcome of the fight. Yancy has zero striking defense. It's his complete inability to throw accurate shots and being composed that took the w away from, and consequently prevent him from becoming the top contender.

Back