Wilder vs Stiverne

PUO3

You are a can.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
This one should be official shortly. Who do you have and why?

As tough as Stiverne may be I think relying on your chin against Wilder is a bad move. Ill take Wilder by mid round stoppage. Could see him frustrating Wilder by not staying on the outside and landing the big counter but Im not overly impressed with his boxing skills (not that I am with Wilder's).

Pretty close fight but Im going with the retard power of Wilder to do the trick again.

I'll take Stiverne in this one. Wilder is a beast but I don't know if I see him getting it done against a fighter as resilient and hard hitting as Stiverne. Stiverne will earn respect with his jab and quick counters and take Wilder to where he's never really been before.

Would love to see this fight though.

I'll take Stiverne in this one. Wilder is a beast but I don't know if I see him getting it done against a fighter as resilient and hard hitting as Stiverne. Stiverne will earn respect with his jab and quick counters and take Wilder to where he's never really been before.

Would love to see this fight though.

Should have added that Wilder needs to fire the jab and not paw with it. If he just sticks it out with no intention behind it Stiverne should get inside pretty easily.

stiverne is pretty fast for a big man. i think he's gonna give wilder fits

stiverne is pretty fast for a big man. i think he's gonna give wilder fits

He is, pretty decent hand speed as well.

I think he stays still too often though and I really dont like that against Wilder's ferociousness.

Wilder beats him pretty easily I think. Possibly Stiverne will be the first guy that goes the distance with him but Stiverne will get worked over. All Wilder has to do is keep him on the outside.

Thats where I see Wilder's issue being with this fight. His jab kind of sucks.

He's overprotected for a reason. Stiverne weathers an early storm to stop Wilder around the halfway mark.

Stiverne by KO within 8.

I feel his trainers have been protecting him for a reason. There's something they don't want the rest of us to know. My opinion.

Thats where I see Wilder's issue being with this fight. His jab kind of sucks.

I don't think stiverne has footwork good enough to fight on the inside without getting rekt coming in, I doubt wilder will have any troubles keeping stiverne at the end of his right hand

I don't think stiverne has footwork good enough to fight on the inside without getting rekt coming in, I doubt wilder will have any troubles keeping stiverne at the end of his right hand

Thats why Im leaning towards Wilder.

Never been much impressed with Stiverne's boxing.

Wilder is awful.

Stiverne is kind of slow but he's got skills, he doesn't just rely on one punch. Also Wilder has never made it past 4 rounds. When someone takes away his right hand and takes him past 4 we'll see the real Wilder and it will end badly for him.

Stiverne by 5th round KO.

Not nearly as awful as your posting.

Stiverne's giving up over 4" in height and 3" in reach to Wilder. Wilder hits like no other in the sport right now, and, most of all, Stiverne's too stationary when he fights. I think Wilder can use his reach and line up that Alabama Jam and he'll eventually put Stiverne to sleep, probably sooner than later. Stiverne's more skilled but I don't think he's got the foot speed to get inside or stick and move effectively.

All that being said, it's not like it would shock me if he landed something and Deontay's legs go Khan on him and he gets stopped as well. Haven't seen his chin really tested yet and his legs are a ?

Looking forward to this one.

Stiverne's giving up over 4" in height and 3" in reach to Wilder. Wilder hits like no other in the sport right now, and, most of all, Stiverne's too stationary when he fights. I think Wilder can use his reach and line up that Alabama Jam and he'll eventually put Stiverne to sleep, probably sooner than later. Stiverne's more skilled but I don't think he's got the foot speed to get inside or stick and move effectively.

All that being said, it's not like it would shock me if he landed something and Deontay's legs go Khan on him and he gets stopped as well. Haven't seen his chin really tested yet and his legs are a ?

Looking forward to this one.

Wilder can't fight moving backwards and needs to load up to throw his right hand. Also I think Gavern proved that you don't need foot speed to get inside on Wilder. He doesn't move well in the ring and he has an inconsistent jab.

Meh I don't really think you can take much from the Gavern fight. Dude was in for the paycheck and Wilder was messing around in there. Gavern landed a couple rights to the body, felt a couple of hard shots and quit. I think it's smart for Stiverne to try to bully his way inside but I think it's easier said than done. You get a 6'6" giant with freakish power trying to walk you down, it's kind of hard to decide to go toward the guy and risk walking into something, imo.

Like I said, though. Neither of these guys getting ko'd would surprise me.

Back