Is Usyks chin good enough vs Wilder? I mean ate took some crazy shots. Who you got in a match????????????????

Naoya#1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I do remember that he took some crazy shots vs Gassiev and one of them was as perfect as it gets. Gassiev ihmo hits just as hard as any elite HW if not harder minus maybe Wilder but wouldnt be surpised if he hits harder than Wilder.

But then again ... a beaten up Wilder throwed a short right hand against a guy who saw it and used the forehead to eat it. He legit hurt him and made him sit. On top of that he had a 40-50lbs avdantage which im 99,99999999999% sure made him survive said shot.

Usyk is good enough and the only HW who really qualifies as ATG, no question. So was every1 of Wilder opponents but I dont think he has ever fought some with Usyks foot speed, alien chin and body, with a good gas tank. He packs some serious power.

maxresdefault.jpg

If Wilder can't land on Parker, then he has fuck all chance landing on Usyk. But to play hypothetically, anything Wilder touches feels it hard. He hits harder than AJ, et al, but he has one delivery system and if you avoid it, you right.

Wilder looked shot in his last one but if we were talking about good versions of both fighters, its a dangerous fight for Usyk. Usyk isn't really that great defensively. He moves a lot but its a lot of wasted movement at times as he gets hit anyway.
The current HW division is a strange one, IMO. I think Wilder is a tougher fight for Usyk or Joshua than Fury is but Wilder can't beat Fury. Again, this is assuming we saw a less gun shy version of Wilder than we saw in his last one.

Usyk would box circles around Wilder... we all know this.

Wilder looked shot in his last one but if we were talking about good versions of both fighters, its a dangerous fight for Usyk. Usyk isn't really that great defensively. He moves a lot but its a lot of wasted movement at times as he gets hit anyway.
The current HW division is a strange one, IMO. I think Wilder is a tougher fight for Usyk or Joshua than Fury is but Wilder can't beat Fury. Again, this is assuming we saw a less gun shy version of Wilder than we saw in his last one.

Tbh i do think wilder is shot. not so much the age but that mans job for what? the last 10+ years was eating punches to the head and body and it didnt really help that he was 30-70lbs smaller most of the time.

On top of that hes the worst "elite" boxer ive ever seen.

Next Wilder fight will tell us where he really is.

Usyk would box circles around Wilder... we all know this.

I mean its Wilder ... pretty sure that even CM Punk, Jake Paul and any random sherdogger could do that.

That guy got the boxing skills of a high school wrestler
{<jordan}

Usyk is good enough and the only HW who really qualifies as ATG, no question. So was every1 of Wilder opponents but I dont think he has ever fought some with Usyks foot speed, alien chin and body, with a good gas tank. He packs some serious power.

He's really good since he beat Joshua 2 times.

However, he still has a very controversial win against Dubois.

He actually lost the fight to me and got lucky the referee decided it was a low blow.

Usyk's definitely not an untouchable type fighter but it's rare that he gets hit completely cleanly and he has great stamina. Most of Wilders early knockouts are against oil rigs like Stiverne, Breazale or Helenius who don't have the foot speed or reflexes to avoid getting clipped early. Wilder will always be dangerous but I think most of the time Usyk would win by lopsided decision or late stoppage.

well if wilder comes in like he fought Parker he’s already lost, but if he had any what he brought to Fury 3, aka the will to keep punching despite taking a horrific beating, because that’s why we say he has a chance. He can land while being a wounded animal and end someone’s night like THAT and he’s awkward so don’t talk this box circles shit, he’s the exact fighter who would land and shock the world. If he accepted it was a kill or be killed fight and he was more likely to be killed kinda fight going in. He can’t be a shot “fight to not lose” mindset, he should retire if that’s how he sees it.

Usyk would embarrass and stop wilder. I don’t think it would go very long either. I’d put my house in it!

I think it’s easy to say that Usyk doesn’t look great defensively at heavyweight when Usyk usually got a height, reach, weight disadvantage.

The margin for error at that size is much smaller for him then let’s say Floyd at low weight classes.

I think the tallest guy Floyd fought was 5-11 diego corrals? Maybe outweighed by 5-10 lbs on the night of the fight.

The new breed of heavyweights being 6-6 with 8 inches of reach on Uysk means he getting hit in places that he’s not used to.

I also think what you consider wasted movement is 100% necessary for him to survive.

Usyk would embarrass and stop wilder. I don’t think it would go very long either. I’d put my house in it!
He couldn't stop Chisora. He never had AJ close to out of there. Who has he stopped? Dubois?

He couldn't stop Chisora. He never had AJ close to out of there. Who has he stopped? Dubois?
Wilder's a very emotional go out on your shield type fighter. If he punches himself out trying to keep pace or gets worn down I think Usyk could absolutely stop him. Otherwise I think an UD is more likely. Also I think that it's possible if Usyk had put it on Joshua at the end of their first fight he could have stopped him.

There's not a punch in the history of combat sports harder than wilders right hand.

But he isn't landing it clean on Usyk.

Is it good enough to take Wilder's right hand? We'll never know. I think he'd be able to avoid it. There are basic tactics that've already been used to beat Wilder. The blueprint is out there and he has all of the tools and craft to execute it. That said it's a dangerous fight for Usyk or any other heavyweight for that matter.

I would say yes. I think he could potentially hurt and stop Wilder late as well.

But Wilder is in decline, and Usyk could be too or at least is due for it to happen any moment now. Its one of those fights that would have held more weight if it had happened a few years ago.

Back