Wilder vs Ortiz close for Barclays in October

Who wins and how, Wilder or Ortiz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of you say the boogeyman Ortiz was overrated if/when Wilder beats him?
A very good win, probably up there with Joshua's Klitchko win, people forget Wlad was coming off a loss and a year lay off, Ortiz to me has always been a threat to the heavies and that's it, he's looked real good against guys who are on the same level of competition as Wilder's and Joshua's previous opponents, so with that said I wouldn't necessarily say he was overrated, (even though he was shoved down everyone's throats by HBO) he's undefeated and has solid skills, and before we get into how horrible Wilder looks compared to Ortiz, I've come to terms that he is who he is and is going to continue to look that way and still knock people out, fans won't like him and use his "sloppiness" to dismiss him as a legit heavyweight, anyway, a win over Ortiz should catapult Wilder to #1 at heavyweight.

Yes. Yes they did. In fact, people just a week or so ago were claiming how Ortiz seeks hard fights and Wilder does not.

Keep moving those goal posts.

OK so like 2 people said that and you decide to make a vindictive callout post celebrating a great fight getting made. Cool

Not entirely his fault. He tried to fight Povetkin but Povetkin felt like he needed to take drugs to win the fight. It appears that he is trying to make a big fight with Ortiz, a guy that people claim has been often ducked.

Yeah true on Povetkin.

Aw DAYEM! Now this is another fucking SICK fight, I can't believe this year, 2017 is KILLING it!

Wilder with the KO coming, dude has the hardest punch in HWT boxing, and Ortiz isn't outboxing his way out of this one. Wilder finds a way to another KO.

OK so like 2 people said that and you decide to make a vindictive callout post celebrating a great fight getting made. Cool
Lot more than 2 people have been shitting on Wilder. I dont give a damn about your approval.

Last edited:
Wilder is one of the most overrated HW's in a while, he reminds me a lot of Michael Grant. Has the looks, the athletism, the record, everything seems to be going right for him until it wont.

Luis Ortiz is also overrated as fuck, both Wilder and Ortiz will expose each other in this fight, even though they have already been exposed before by opposition that shouldn't even have made it out of the first round.

Don't get your hopes up. It looks like Stiverne is trying to pull something.

Props to Wilder if he takes it. Should be entertaining. Ortiz isn't getting younger, he has a shot but I see him getting caught by da Windmill.

If this comes off, I am picking Ortiz just based on the gap of technical skills being too wide. He will get Wilder late Imo...
I think Ortiz is a top 5 200+lbs. fighter and if Wilder wins it is his best win. Stiverne can fucking wait.

About time, let's hope there's no issues and it happens! 50/50 fight imo but wilders chin worries me

Haymon signed Ortiz earlier this year, so he wins whatever happens.

How many of you say the boogeyman Ortiz was overrated if/when Wilder beats him?

Can I point out he's a one-paced plodder now, please?

As Seano said, mostly interesting 'cos it's such a massive step-up from Wilder's last several.

Ta.

Also, with worrying shades of the Povetkin debacle, hasn't Ortiz already failed a steroid test or two?

Or did I imagine that (it's so fuckin' hard to keep up with whose chemist dropped a clanger, these days)...?

Back