Wilder vs Ortiz close for Barclays in October

Who wins and how, Wilder or Ortiz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that Deontay Wilder’s next WBC heavyweight title defense will come against Luis Ortiz.

Negotiations are nearly finalized for Wilder to oppose Ortiz on November 4 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. It is possible that the fight will take place October 14 at Barclays Center, but it is more likely to be scheduled for November 4.

http://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-wilder-luis-ortiz-november-4-barclays-center--118639

Ortiz hype train coming to a halt in October

Time for the Wilder critics to eat some crow.

Lets hope for no hot piss tests this go around.

giphy.gif

Ortiz looks sensational against certain opposition, and not nearly as good against others. He's not getting any younger, either. Of course, Wilder has his fair share of flaws, too. Both are massive punchers. It's a good fight to move the division forward, and should deliver some fireworks one way or another.

How many of you say the boogeyman Ortiz was overrated if/when Wilder beats him?

All of them. Old. Looked bad in that fight that time, etc.

All of them. Old. Looked bad in that fight that time, etc.
Yep. I think Ortiz is fairly overrated but I fully expect him to be discredited entirely should Wilder win.

It will be good to see Wilder fight a skilled boxer that can crack though.

I'm not sold on Wilder but taking on Ortiz is fucking BIG TIME no matter what happens in the fight.

In my opinion they are both somewhat unproven but Wilder seems like the A side by a pretty big margin so taking on Ortiz is a pretty nice risk. I would equate it to when he signed off on going to Russia for his biggest fight which took balls as well and fell through because of his opponent.

If Wilder wins and anyone tries to discredit Ortiz they are just haters and should be ignored. Yes he's hyped and kind of an unknown but he's fucking scary and that's all that really matters.

I like both guys and this is a much needed step up for both of them. I hope this works out.

Massive props to Wilder for taking this fight as it's a dangerous one and will be his biggest win if he gets through it. Dillian Whyte in the UK seems like it'd be a much better business decision for him. Personally picking Ortiz if it happens.

Last edited:
Time for the Wilder critics to eat some crow.

Lets hope for no hot piss tests this go around.

giphy.gif

He's nearly 32 and has fought nobody. Did anyone say he would never fight a good fighter?

He's nearly 32 and has fought nobody. Did anyone say he would never fight a good fighter?

Not entirely his fault. He tried to fight Povetkin but Povetkin felt like he needed to take drugs to win the fight. It appears that he is trying to make a big fight with Ortiz, a guy that people claim has been often ducked.

Yes. Yes they did. In fact, people just a week or so ago were claiming how Ortiz seeks hard fights and Wilder does not.

Keep moving those goal posts.

Last edited:
Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that Deontay Wilder’s next WBC heavyweight title defense will come against Luis Ortiz.

Negotiations are nearly finalized for Wilder to oppose Ortiz on November 4 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. It is possible that the fight will take place October 14 at Barclays Center, but it is more likely to be scheduled for November 4.

http://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-wilder-luis-ortiz-november-4-barclays-center--118639

Ortiz hype train coming to a halt in October

Tell me the truth. How do you truly feel about this fight? Tell me Seano....

Wilders hype train is about to get derailed. I like wilder but ortiz is gonna fuck him up

Tell me the truth. How do you truly feel about this fight? Tell me Seano....
Its a good fight. I personally don't think a lot of Ortiz, but it is a good step up from Wilder's last few opponents.

Its a good fight. I personally don't think a lot of Ortiz, but it is a good step up from Wilder's last few opponents.

How do you perceive the nuances of the dance of chaos taking shape? How do you think the whole cuisine will taste?

Back