Wilder Fury 300k PPV Buys

Only other fighters that could better that is Canelo, maybe AJ if fighting a top guy, and maybe a Spence Crawford fight. Boxing is UFC S bitch in terms off ppv.. a shitty to average UFC ppv does 300 k. N no boxer other than Floyd can do Conor numbers.
UFCs been doing shit numbers, fuck you talking about

I had up to 400k as the best case scenario but then I also thought it might do as low as 100k and bomb, so a relative success. I'd imagine the UK buys will add a few hundred thousand more too plus theres still other countries that had it on PPV.

Weird thing is for a fight that only got comparable US buys to a typical UFC event it FEELS much bigger, theres was/is definite buzz about it. Its getting referenced on talk shows etc, you aint getting that for Holloway/Ortega. Presumably a hell of a lot of people watched it through other more cost effective means, which would explain the disconnect.

Well to be fair the event costed 75 dollars in America

All the UFC events now cost 65 and 300k buys is now considered high. Before Conor's return, the highest buys of the year was a super fight between the #2 and #3 p4p fighters and current champions DC and Stipe.

There was also a good undercard for that event (Ngannou vs Lewis, Pettis vs Chiesa, Perry vs Felder) - on paper that is

man PPV is really dying as a whole. UFC numbers and boxing numbers are way down unless it's some crazy Money fight like GGG Canelo, Mayweather, McGregor, GSP, Lesnar

Context: GGG-Lemieux, Ward-Kovalev, Ward-Kovalev 2 and GGG-Jacobs all failed to break the 200,000 plateau

-Mike C

Context:

Neither GGG-Lemieux, Ward-Kovalev, Ward-Kovalev 2, and GGG-Jacobs had the kind of promotions behind their respective fights as this fight did.

More Context:

Fury and Wilder are much bigger names than Jacobs, Kovalev and Lemieux.

Only 3 out of around 15 UFC PPVs broke 300K this year. PPV is a dying medium outside of genuinely massive events. Other than Khabib/Conor, these events also had much less global appeal than Fury/Wilder. A Fury/Wilder rematch likely sells better than any fight in MMA not involving McGregor (maybe Cormier/Jones 3 could match it) just in terms of US domestic PPV (and it would do considerably better outside of the US than any UFC fight which doesn't involve McGregor).
Honestly I like a great boxing event more than ufc but........ take next year where got a Jon Jones Card or 2, a DC Brock card, another Conor card or 2, another Khabib card ...... e en with Garcia n Spence, Fury Wilder 2 , and even a Joshua Wilder/Fury card....... also if u threw in Canelo ggg 3 card....... ufc still beats boxing in money in regards to views.

Only thing that would put boxing ahead is a May pac 2 fight......

This year was a total shit year for ufc n it still beat boxing easily.

PPV buys are an outdated measuring stick imo.

Oh ok,lol. It got better numbers than I thought but the boxing jerkoffs were calling it the biggest fight in boxing. Lol. Put canelo vs anyone and it will sell tripple that amount. Americans dont buy that shiett but Mexicans they stand by their red headed can crusher.

Oh ok,lol. It got better numbers than I thought but the boxing jerkoffs were calling it the biggest fight in boxing. Lol. Put canelo vs anyone and it will sell tripple that amount. Americans dont buy that shiett but Mexicans they stand by their red headed can crusher.
No one called it the biggest fight in boxing.

Sounds like you should piss off to the Brock Lesnar forum.

No one called it the biggest fight in boxing.

Sounds like you should piss off to the Brock Lesnar forum.

Lol. Brock would generate more traffic than this joint if there was a Lesnar forum on here!!! You mad because what I daid is true??

if jones-osp wasn't a UFC fight it wouldn't sell 100k buys. UFC fighters operate within a brand that both legitimizes them and brings a regular hardcore fan base. Boxers don't have that luxury, they put asses in seats based almost solely on their individual popularity.[/QUOTE

Mcgregor!!!

hmm. not sure anyone called it the biggest fight in boxing at least in the states.

states its probably if floyd fights again or Manny vs floyd
U.K... probably Wilder-AJ
Mexico would be Canelo. probably against GGG again.

as others have pointed out, the fight seemed to generate real "outside the boxing niche" interest.

totally subjective but I saw shows like Pardon the Interruption talk about it both before and after the event. Lots of references in the media.

the fighters put on a good fight and I am happy for them. Wilder is American and looks the part. Fury has an interesting presence and has the freakly size that gets attention.

I agree that both fighters are much more marketable now then they were going in (in the US at least. I can't speak for UK or international)

This is great for Boxing! The rematch will do even better!

Back