Wilder Fury 300k PPV Buys

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
From Mike C Ring Mag

Sources: It’s early, but #WilderFury is tracking at over 300,000 pay-per-view buys. The break-even point was 250,000, I’m told, so a big win for Showtime and PBC

Context: GGG-Lemieux, Ward-Kovalev, Ward-Kovalev 2 and GGG-Jacobs all failed to break the 200,000 plateau

-Mike C

I bought this in Australia for $50 on main event through Foxtel I have to imagine that my purchase isn’t considered in these figures. I was very happy with it to be honest

Not bad at such a high price point.

For boxing that's great numbers.

I had up to 400k as the best case scenario but then I also thought it might do as low as 100k and bomb, so a relative success. I'd imagine the UK buys will add a few hundred thousand more too plus theres still other countries that had it on PPV.

Weird thing is for a fight that only got comparable US buys to a typical UFC event it FEELS much bigger, theres was/is definite buzz about it. Its getting referenced on talk shows etc, you aint getting that for Holloway/Ortega. Presumably a hell of a lot of people watched it through other more cost effective means, which would explain the disconnect.

not bad! great news for hw boxing

Pretty good.

So about on par with Jones-OSP.
<CerseiPlotting>

Lol. Thats what I mean though, theres a big disconnect between the interest this fight seems to have generated and the actual buys. I think part of it is that it would have gotten a fair bit of casual interest, and very few casuals are paying $75 for it, they'll watch it illegally.

Lol. Thats what I mean though, theres a big disconnect between the interest this fight seems to have generated and the actual buys. I think part of it is that it would have gotten a fair bit of casual interest, and very few casuals are paying $75 for it, they'll watch it illegally.
PPV buys are an outdated measuring stick imo.

PPV buys are an outdated measuring stick imo.

Yep, theres so many ways to view things now (illegally or not) that theres no way to really tell. I reckon the amount of people that either saw the fight or at least saw clips and gifs is well into the millions by now though.

How much are Wilder and Fury getting for that fight?

if jones-osp wasn't a UFC fight it wouldn't sell 100k buys. UFC fighters operate within a brand that both legitimizes them and brings a regular hardcore fan base. Boxers don't have that luxury, they put asses in seats based almost solely on their individual popularity.

From Mike C Ring Mag

Sources: It’s early, but #WilderFury is tracking at over 300,000 pay-per-view buys. The break-even point was 250,000, I’m told, so a big win for Showtime and PBC
Alright still could do better

Back